Job description / Role
Middle East Executive is currently seeking a Technical Manager for one of the largest coffee companies within the United Arab Emirates. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of technical operations regarding maintenance of drinks machines, between the customer and the coffee company. They will carry out managerial responsibilities as dictated by the company policies including but not limited to training, assigning and directing specific tasks and appraising the technician’s performances while simultaneously addressing the customer’s problems and helping resolve them.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Engineer will be as follows:
• Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities across the workshop and field including analyzing equipment needs, reliability issues, developing preventive/predictive maintenance programs,
• Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities including monthly preventative maintenance on key customers,
• Optimize engineer activities and machine maintenance costs,
• Coach, mentor, train and develop maintenance employees to meet current and future business requirements,
• Monitor and manage spares inventory,
• Manage and optimize the maintenance expenses,
• Maintain long-term relationships with manufacturers,
• Ensure compliance with health and safety policies,
• Support key stakeholders throughout the business,
• Search for new innovative coffee equipment’s fitting.
The individual must possess the following qualities:
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines,
• Ability to work autonomously,
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing,
• Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques,
• Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative,
• Ability to plan and prioritize work load without supervision,
• Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA’s,
• Excellent knowledge of Customer Service best practice,
• Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm,
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment,
• Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
The individual must have:
• A degree or diploma in a Mechanical/Electronic Engineering,
• Previous experience working in a Technical or Operational Management for min 5 years ,
• Technical background with coffee equipment, drinks machines,
• Previous Experience within a customer service,
• Flexible, adaptable with clients, colleagues and organization needs,
• Able to multi-task several projects/programs at the same time,
• Detailed, organized, resourceful, reliable and trustworthy personality.
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical