Job description / Role
Seeking an experienced and highly self-motivated Technical Project Manager with an ideal mix of technical and business skills to manage the delivery of various projects including cloud platform deployments, data centre builds and other strategic initiatives for G42 and its Business Units.
To develop, deploy and manage a wide spectrum of challenging technical projects at G42, fast-paced, high-tech, AI-driven conglomerate, playing a key role in achieving the long-term business objectives of the group.
G42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence and cloud computing company with a global footprint delivering holistic and scalable solutions to a variety of commercial and government clients. The Group’s business operations cover a wide range of industry verticals including Healthcare, Government, Smart City & Smart Mobility, Oil & Gas, Fintech, Geospatial, Aviation, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics and Sports.
Reporting to the Manager – Technical Projects, you will work closely with business stakeholders, product owners, technical & field teams and ensure the delivery of critical strategic projects that drive the core business objectives of G42 and its Business Units.
- Understand the business and its technical requirements and build the project charter with the overall project management plan.
- Track and document project progress, monitor the risks, effectiveness, and performance of the project team, proactively facilitate the development of contingency plans and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Apply technical management and organizational skills to create a collaborative culture using clear, credible, objective, and proactive communications in all stakeholder interactions.
- Develop and publish project documentation.
- Manage and monitor action item tracking, issue management and task prioritization.
- Drive the standardization of tools and processes for project delivery.
- Provide transparency and visibility on the status of projects through efficient processes, tools and standards.
Skills and attributes for success
- The yardsticks of your success would include the number of successful projects delivered on time, cost savings achieved, measurable contribution to IT systems and processes, and internal customer NPS.
To qualify, you must have
- 6-12 years of experience with a proven track record in delivering large and complex projects.
- Demonstrable experience in simultaneously managing multiple complex projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and solid grasp of project management methodologies and tools.
- Extensive understanding of data center builds, cloud computing platform development/deployment, large scale distributed systems and software development lifecycle best practices.
- Experience managing deployment projects that involve DC builds and/or cloud-based solutions.
Ideally, you’ll also need
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing, data center infrastructure, Artificial Intelligence and big data technology landscape and concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Professional.
- Ability to transform ambiguity into clarity
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.
IT Project Manager
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Yellow Door Energy
IT Development Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
Digital Transformation Project Manager
Quest Search & Selection