Job description / Role
Technical Role - Stage Automation Programming in Dubai Opera
The Stage Programming Function of Dubai Opera works as part of the technical crew, while maintaining the highest possible standards of efficiency, safety and quality when carrying out the assigned activities associated with the technical department.
• Operation of all staging control systems, automation and motorized systems.
• Rigging truss, equipment, scenery and structures on motorised systems.
• Be willing to cross-train yourself in lighting and sound & broadcast related areas to ensure risk free and efficient operations of the technical department.
• Be willing to undertake essential Health and Safety training.
• Be willing to undertake work associated with other job roles in the stage department, including stage hand, technician, props and management duties
• Be competent but not restricted to Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and be able to be trained to operate any new or specific programs that may become available in the future
• Be able to create and interpret ground/ rig plans and stage running ‘plots’ and que sheets across a wide variety of formats
• Be fully conversant in the operation and first line maintenance of all staging, flying, traps, sliders and orchestra/ transit / service elevators
• Staging Equipment, accessories, ground support systems, soft goods, all types of decoration and props, carpentry or metal working skills and excellent stagecraft
• Operation of all Staging Control Systems and communications equipment
• Operation of all technically related automated and motorized systems
• Hanging, Rigging and setting of all scenic elements, soft goods, properties.
• Of special ‘flying’ effects (‘Peter Pan’) required to carry artistes above the stage
• Of access equipment, mechanical handling equipment and any equipment necessary to complete any staging orientated task.
• Of flying operations, operation of all lifting equipment for the rigging of Stage, lighting and sound and broadcast operations
• Assembling/building of modular staging and temporary staging structures, operation of MEWP and mobile lifting equipment
• Working in changeable shift patterns, including overnight
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Manage all essential Health and Safety training to the required standard, and any other training as required, with a good knowledge, including but not restricted to:
• IOSH – Managing safely, LOLER, COSHH
• Manual handling
• Working at height
• Safe use of access equipment, mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPS)
• Manage, uphold and support all local Health and Safety implications and other relevant legislation
• Ensure that all incidents and/or accidents are reported, proper records kept.
• Carry out a full investigation and instigate required actions to ensure compliance with existing H & S legislation
• Implement a risk assessments for the technical departments as required
About the Company
Established in 1997, Emaar Properties is a Public Joint Stock Company listed on the Dubai Financial Market. A pioneering developer of integrated master-planned communities, Emaar Group has transformed the real estate sector in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Emaar Group is extending its expertise in developing master-planned communities internationally, and today, has a significant presence in several key global markets. Simultaneously, the company has developed competencies in hospitality & leisure, and shopping malls & retail.
Emaars world-class project development competencies are underlined by its iconic assets in Dubai and other international markets.
Maintenance Technician Level 1 - Rides & Attractions
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Logistics Support Officer
Big Fish Recruitment
Mohamed Al Geziry Consultancy
RTC-1 Employment Services