Job description / Role
VHR is actively engaging with our Middle Eastern client, a prestigious operator of VIP aircraft in the region providing a great opportunity in these challenging times.
The organisation operates a Boeing fleet of aircraft, both wide and narrow bodied, new and old generation together with a small selection of VVIP helicopters. The company is expanding and looking to find the best industry professionals, who are seeking such an opportunity, to join their organisation as soon as possible.
The main responsibility of a Fleet Engineer Aircraft Systems is to provide Systems Engineering Expertise in regard to AD and SB evaluation, onsite Maintenance support, recommendations for modification programs and incident investigations across the fleet.
• An unrivalled tax-free pay and benefits package.
• Based in the Middle East
• Working in a VIP/VVIP environment
• Working in a Technical Services Department as a Fleet Engineer responsible for Aircraft Systems and Components across the fleet
• Managing and controlling the decisions and actions taken in regard to all Aircraft Systems and Components related Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins issued against the fleet.
• Review all Aircraft Systems and Components related non mandatory modification options in view of safety enhancement, significant reliability improvement, and cost and maintenance reductions in view of a target 2yr ROI.
• Recommend, manage and control modification programs, upgrades and retrofits as required in order to achieve said fleet improvements
• Increase reliability of the fleet through fleet performance analysis and liaison with the aircraft and OEM manufacturers.
• Provide Aircraft Systems and Components expertise support to the maintenance department in relation to troubleshooting and recurring defect rectification.
• Investigate Air Safety Incidents and Ground occurrences reporting to the appropriate manufacturers and regulatory(s) authorities providing proposals to the company such to prevent recurrence.
• Liaise with the aircraft manufacturers and relative authorities for approved repair and work schemes in relation to Aircraft Systems and Components.
• Provided Aircraft Systems and Components expertise in the acquisition of new a/c and/or end of lease support as maybe required.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• Solid experience in a Technical Services department - Aircraft Systems and Components discipline.
• Specific Boeing experience is preferred but not essential. Specific Boeing will be advantageous given the fleet is all Boeing
• Classic Generation knowledge is preferred but not essential – an ideal candidate will have experience across all generations including modern days composite a/c.
• Must have a minimum of 5 yrs experience as a Technical Services Aircraft Systems and Components engineer OR 2 yrs in a Technical Services and 5 years as a Licensed Aircraft Engineering (LAE)
• Licensed Engineer/Hands on background would be advantageous but not essential.
• Preferably worked in an airline operating both wide and narrow bodied aircraft
• Experience of Full Service Carrier airlines is preferable (but not essential)
• Experience with VIP aircraft is preferable (but not essential)
• Fluent in English Language
NOTE: Candidates who do not have the minimum 5 years will not be considered
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.