Job description / Role
Technical Services Senior Technician - Bollywood Parks
Experience the vibrant celebration of Mumbai's famous film industry in all its colours and flavours at BOLLYWOOD PARKSâ„¢ Dubai.
Our team is at the heart of who we are, and we are looking for passionate, fun and dedicated people who can connect with our guests and take them on a journey into Bollywood. Whether you are working in the park or behind the scenes, you will be part of an engaging and dynamic environment that values teamwork and creativity.
With immersive rides featuring the biggest names in Bollywood, live entertainment and stage performances transporting you into a realm of movie magic, we invite you to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. The most celebrated cinema industry just got a whole lot more fun.
- Serving as a skilled hands-on, motivator, constantly providing directions, detailed instructions and guidance to the team, with effective works and processes for the purpose of achieving the organisational goals.
- Always getting the tasks done by using all of the resources available.
- Must strictly adapt to the theme-park Dubai, U.S and U.K standards across all areas.
- Must be multi-tasking and always be working hand-in-hand with the various departments under the "Technical Service" division across Bollywood, Motiongate and Legoland.
- Must always remain communicative and be responsible for all the technical works required by the "Operations" division.
- Managing the maintenance, servicing, repairs for all the departments under Technical Services, to be always in a first class condition, safe, methodically and consistently.
- Develop a strategy the team will use to reach its goal.
- Provide any training that the team members need.
- Communicate clear instructions to team members, and listen to team member's feedback.
- Continually liaise with the manufacturers and vendors to ensure all the equipment are fully operational
- Effective servicing, preventive maintenance, annual testing and other programs are thoroughly carried out.
- Will always remain pro-active towards making any necessary adjustments, ordering spare parts and identifying any problematic equipment.
- Ensure the Operations and Technical teams are operating all equipment safely and are always competent.
- Liaise with the teams for any quick services required under maintenance for Attractions and Buildings.
- Efficiently manage the Technical reporting system to ensure reports are generated in accordance with the timelines required and provide accurate and necessary information to optimise efficiency and revenue generation.
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs and overhauls on rides, equipment and facilities, ensuring complete compliance of the manufacturer's specifications and park standards.
- Responding to all maintenance related radio calls in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Communicate with the rides maintenance supervisor and operations team when equipment failures resort in attraction downtime or closures.
- Work with team members to ensure the complete compliance of the manufacturer's specifications and park standards.
- Maintaining all appropriate documentations.
- Communicate with the rides engineering supervisor of any hazards that arises to ensure the safe completion of repairs.
- Assist the parks Technical Services team with projects as needed.
- Be a proactive member of the rides engineering team.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management
- A registered Diploma or Degree, in engineering from a reliable school
- Certifications of further studies or educational upgrades in the same field
- Certifications for trainings, participations and licenses, in engineering
- Mechanically and electrically incline.
- Must have Audio, Video, Lighting, installation, integration & live events background
- Electrical / Mechanical worker licences
- Hydraulics / Pneumatics licences or certificates of training
- WHSE certifications
- Work at Heights Supervisory Certificates
- Heavy / Light vehicle and equipment licences
- Worked in a theme-park environment, minimum 2 years
- Worked in a building facilities environment, minimum 2 years
- Worked in a system integration environment, minimum 2 years
- Worked in a plant environment, minimum 2 years
- Worked as an installer or service provider or maintaining of rides and attractions
- Worked as an installer or service provider or maintaining of systems integrations
Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to trouble-shoot clearly, calmly and safely in the presence of guest and fellow team members.
- Understanding/Maintaining of Electrical and Mechanical system
- Understanding/ Maintaining Hydraulics / Pneumatics
- Must possess strong safety sensitivity and ability to work with many different types of mechanical devices.
- Understanding/Managing heavy / light equipment
- Reporting, management skills and communications
- Flexible working hours
- Physically fit
- Ability to lead by example, train and motivate the Technical Services Team
- Broad base of technical skills
- Must be able to work at heights
- Strong knowledge of I.T systems, system controllers, audio video lighting systems and Microsoft office.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014