Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
The Solution Manager is the solution expert, spanning one or more areas of expertise. You will enter a deal after it's been developed and to a large extent selected/qualified. Solutions Manager develop detailed solution artifacts, dependencies, costs cases, SOWs and maintain end to end responsibility and accountability for the entire engagement.
- You will lead medium complexity engagements, renegotiations or base growth engagements
- Own technical solution from inception through proposal/signing, own costing, solution definition, technical value proposition
- You will increase competitive solutioning across all engagements
- Leverage our Service Line and Engineering Practice structure to deploy best practices
- Improve modular component usage within all Solutions
- Consistently develop technical solution strategies and provide cost targets that are market competitive.
- As a Solutions Manager you will present a technical solution with compelling business value that includes innovation, provide unique differentiation, and integrate other IBM brands.
- Accountable for the quality and accuracy of all materials delivered to the client. Place a significant focus on the client's business objectives and ensure solutions will meet those objectives and minimize solution gaps as measured post contract.
- Demonstrate technical competence to evaluate, present, defend, and sell technical solutions to clients. Inspect and validate the teams work products to ensure the solution and contract match.
- You will be viewed as a strong partner and willing collaborator with Sales, Services Lines and other Lines of Business
- Execute the engagement process completely and ensure auditability
- You will support onboarding of new clients and related delivery handovers
- Participate in client meetings to collect requirements and present solutions/proposals
- Translates offerings and solutions and how these translate into high client-value solutions.
- Provides technical leadership on significant proposals for high profile client solutions.
- Leads the development of the overall technical solution and ensures the supporting architecture will meet the clients business plan.
- Innovation, thought leadership and asset reuse as part of solution creation
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Comfortable in both a technical dialogue (understanding the customer's IT infrastructure and technical objectives) as well as a business dialogue
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Services Solutions Management
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Solution Manager
IBM Middle East