Job description / Role
• The Technical Superintendent will be responsible in ensuring safe, efficient and economical technical performance of all ships in compliance with all Flag, Class and International statutory and other mandatory requirements in Port operations.
• The incumbent will supervise daily operational activities of all assigned vessels, assist/monitor colleagues during their periods away from office.
• This is a hands-on position that involves working with a small dedicated team expected to deliver results and will lead and develop the technical team to achieve the Company’s vision.
• You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining environmentally sound operation standard for a given number of vessels, managing daily operation of the number of vessels assigned to you.
• You will evaluate and monitor the required reporting from the vessels, act as required and inform other office sections and external bodies as is relevant.
• Follow up class and statutory certification status, condition of class and arrange for the necessary surveys, arrange and follow up repairs and services, visit vessels regularly (at least three times a year) and prepare visit reports.
• You will also review monthly cost control and financial reports before sending to Fleet Group Manager for approval, prepare input for the annual budgets for the vessels, coordinate with the assigned vessels and prepare the dry docking specification for the Fleet Group Manager’s approval, submit the specification to yards for quotations, evaluate the received quotations and present them to the Fleet Group Manager
• As a part of your assignment you will attend the dry-docking, discuss shipyard invoicing before presenting same to the Fleet Group Manager, prepare docking report, follow up purchasing, monitor the orders from the vessel, approve invoices for payment, liaise with the Insurance Manager in claims handling, follow up the onboard maintenance system (AMOS), monitor the status and act on overdue items, follow up reported deficiencies and non-conformities from vetting inspections, port state control, audits and flag state inspections and other duties.
• Class 1 Marine Engineer COC or Class 2 with relevant nautical studies or recent experience (appropriate Course qualifications, time as Class / HM Surveyor / Ship Repair Manager).
• Business/management qualifications would be an advantage.
• Previous experience as Technical Superintendent for a minimum of five years is essential.
• Previous experience on commercial vessels over 500 GRT is essential – ideally harbour tugs, AHTS and offshore vessels but deep sea will also be considered due to the broader approach.
• Ability to travel at short notice to augment other company activities and provide coverage as required.
• Knowledge of ISPS, ISM, Flag State and Classifications Society procedures and regulations.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package such as Power Point and Project would be an advantage.
• People management skills preferably gained from working in a multicultural environment in the UAE.
• Proven track record in intermediate and special dry dockings, ship repair, mobilizations and in water repairs.
• Strong Commercial awareness and ability to interact with and satisfy client requirements. Budget planning and routine budget reporting processes.
About the Company
Milestone Maritime Management DMCC
Technical Superintendent Marine
Move Up Consultancy
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Ziad Galadari Group
A Leading Solution Integrator Provider In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||28 Apr|