Job description / Role
We are looking for a "Technical Support Engineer " to be based in our Head Offices, Dubai-UAE.
This role involves the following technical categories:
- Pre-Sales / assisting Sales Team to identify optimal BoQ and convincing customers technically
- After-Sales / troubleshooting and solving issues for our customers installed base
- Services / Design, Configuration, FAT/SAT, Basic Installation, Training, etc.
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the company's products and solutions
- Participate in network planning to provide guidance on applications, usage, integration and best practices
- On Site work as and when required, to assist customers with commissioning, network optimization, troubleshooting, upgrading firmware, replacing defective devices, and other similar tasks.
- Use diagnostic and resolution tools and capabilities to resolve complex integrated end user implementation, configuration, and operational issues in a timely manner.
- Manage RMA process
- Engineering/Computer Science undergraduate degree majoring in networking or communications
- Strong technical background in telecommunications with an emphasis on Ethernet, IP routing and associated protocols, cyber security and Wireless
- Strong knowledge of PC operating systems i.e. Windows and Linux
- Experience of providing technical support for Ethernet and TCP-IP networks (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Cisco certifications: CCNA or equivalent is a must. CCNP will be preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent analytical skills, be able to multi-task on various projects, be highly self-motivated, a self-starter.
- Basic Project Documentation and Service Delivery skills
- Be willing to work extra hours as deemed necessary by management
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Travel throughout the UAE and GCC region will be required, usually 50% of time
- Eager to learn and study on a continuous basis
About the Company
Easy World Group Companies (eWorld) is a leading Value Added distributor and solution provider of data communication, Industrial automation and Telecommunication products in Middle East region.
Established in 2002, eWorld is a specialized distributor of leading edge mission critical, enterprise data, voice, security, and industrial networking as well as telecommunications products and solutions across the Middle East. We offer industry leading Networking and automation products backed up by our professional and experienced team to our valuable customers.
eWorld has a proven track record in providing end to end solutions for our diverse customer base and support our clients with a range of core competencies and value added services to ensure that our customers are returned best value for their investment and obtain products that meet their requirements perfectly.
Information Technology (IT) Officer
Astrolabe Capital LLC
Junior IT Field Support Specialist
IT Senior Officer - Systems & Monitoring
Robert Half International (RHI)
Network Security Engineer