Job description / Role
The role shall provide support and assistance in a variety of engineering, technical, estimating & cost, and scheduling activities.
- Understanding the scope of work, reviewing the tender commercial and technical documents.
- Attending commercial & technical meetings.
- Receiving inquiry, requesting for any clarification, collecting missing documents/ information
- Submit company prequalification - draft warranty, authorization letter, brochure, projects list, etc.
- Handle Technical & material submittal including Compliance statement, test certificates, sample boards (profiles, accessories and hardware) and corner L samples
- Generate Thermal calculation report and preliminary structural calculation report (as required).
- U Value calculations for the entire façade envelopes.
- Review/stamp customer shop drawings.
- Generate typical section details in CAD (dwg) tool for shop drawings purpose.
- Prepare final position drawings & quantities as per approved shop drawings
- Obtain confirmation or revision comments on the Technical & Material submittal
- Follow up on submittals to secure approvals in collaborations with the estimation and sales team
- Run full order MTO, optimization, cutting list, glass sizes, stock list, assembly list
- Obtain approval and endorse the final approved MTO for Proforma Invoice
- Represent company in project meetings and act as technical support representative on assigned projects
- Coordinate technical issues, review progress and recommend alternatives to
- Identify system deficiencies and suggest effective design solutions according to customer’s requirements.
- Assist preparation of mock-ups, sample boards, technical submittal, material take off, and cutting list
- Detailed engineering computations and structural façade analysis, advice and reporting.
- Design & development for the company existing & newly designed façade systems.
- Ensuring the structural stability of all scope of works (doors & windows, curtainwall’s, skylights)
- Working across disciplines with drafters, designers, modelers, shop and field personnel, and project managers to accomplish project tasks.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or Civil/architectural engineer)
Nature and length of previous experience:
- 5 years on the same role and industry
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Excellent communication & people skills – ability to lead and manage a conversation with stakeholders, create a continuing engagement, and win prospects.
- Technical knowledge of the characteristics & design of aluminium windows, doors & curtain wall types.
- Expertise on Estimation & Shop drawing tools, System Performance & pricing parameters
- Age Range: 25-35
- Gender Preference: Male
- Current Location: UAE
About the Company
Over 30 years of designing high-quality aluminium products, ALUMIL is one of the largest and most trusted names in home windows and patio doors.
At ALUMIL we are building excellence every day.
Through our modern production facilities and strict quality controls along the entire production line, we ensure the creation of superior products of high added value. Our continuous research and development leads to offering unique solutions with many innovative features, which totally meet the needs of our customers.
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
Alumil Middle East
Alumil Middle East