Job description / Role
Job Title - Technical Support Specialist
Reporting to- Operations Director
Location- Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE (on-site)
About our client:
Our client is the global number one supplier of goods to the Diplomatic community. For over 25 years they have been supplying Diplomats products sourced from their country of origin and providing them in areas that are often difficult to reach. They currently delivers to more than 70 countries, worldwide.
The company is on a strong growth trajectory, particularly in the eCommerce space, and as such the requirement to have further in-house support has arisen.
Nature and scope of the role:
We are searching for a Technical Support Specialist to increase technical performance and efficiency of our Magento 2 cloud platform to meet the evolving needs of our growing business. The role will report to the Operations Director and will work alongside the Master Data Manager, E-commerce Analyst as part of the Ecommerce team and support the Digital Marketing team as required.
Candidates must speak fluent English.
• Assist our third-party web developers with support, testing, customisation and development of the Magento Cloud ecommerce platform
• Efficiently and fully problem-solve internal and customer issues that arise on Magento 2 cloud platform
• Manage the API integration of data between ERP and Magento to maximise efficiency and implement best practice, ensuring any errors or inconsistencies are resolved in a timely manner
• Identify and implement processes to improve the management and maintenance of data as efficiently as possible. Including accurately importing and exporting complex CSV files
• Work with our E-commerce team to enhance internal technical processes and improve technical efficiencies through automation within the business
• Manage maintenance of company Magento backend and frontend staging and live platform, ensuring that all updates of plug ins/extensions are done on time
• Excellent debugging, analytical, problem-solving skills
• Self-learner: take ownership of your role, show initiative and drive tasks to completion. Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, understand business needs with the ability to translate those needs into technical actions
• Experience working with ERP (Ideally Microsoft Business Central) and Magento cloud back-end integration. Understanding of API’s with ability to maximise their efficiency
• Possess excellent attention to detail, especially when working with data and have successful experience in importing and exporting complex CSV files accurately.
• Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics particularly set up, tracking and establishing reporting dashboards
• Strong project management skills; demonstrate the ability to manage a technical project from brief to implementation
• Excellent communication skills, a learner, problem-solver and team player
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
Technical Support Specialist
IT Hardware Support
A Leading Group In UAE
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
L1 Desktop Support Engineer