Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
DarkMatter is looking for a curious, adaptable, and technically astute writer for a Technical Writer position. As a technical writer, you are responsible for researching, writing, editing and proof-reading complex technical documents like in-depth technical overviews, high-level and low-level designs, standard operating procedures, incident response plans, proposals, work instructions, process flows, etc. You are responsible for controlling the lifecycle of technical documentation for the organization, define requirements for and work with document control software. You may also assist in defining the standardization and uniformity of the document presentation in line with organization needs.
- Create unique, high-quality technical content (that includes in-depth technical overviews, high-level and low-level designs, standard operating procedures, incident response plans, proposals, work instructions, process flows).
- Research, write, edit, and proofread complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents to present highly technical information in a less technical way.
- Gather information and create documents in collaboration with relevant Subject Matter Experts which involves conducting interviews with analysts, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel.
- Manage the review process for revised and new content, with a team of very busy Subject Matter Experts.
- Develop strict standards for keeping, managing, and making documents available to an organization.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 3-5 years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation preferred.
- Experience with the development and/or updating of cyber security related policies, processes, or standards for the last one year.
- Knowledge of NIST Special Publications, ISO 27001 and cyber security best practices.
- Must have experience using Visio.
- Must have experience writing SOPs.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.