Job description / Role
The primary job of the Technical Writer (TW) is of analyzing, defining, and documenting the workflows, policies that are related to a specific IT Team’s business objective.
• The TW physically sits with the concerned IT teams to map their workflows and properly document their current and future desired state.
• He/She is required to collate a detailed step-by-step map/process flow of the as-is process and document wherever there are redundant steps and/or critical steps.
• Writes and edits technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
• TW would be required to obtain a deep understanding of IT services to translate complex information into simple, polished, and standardized content.
• Writes and edits procedural technical documentation such as user guides and manuals.
• Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
• Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
• The TW coordinates to document the policies and workflows for all IT processes.
• The TW documentation should follow the flow of – Workflows, Process, procedures, Policies.
• The TW also seeks sign-offs from various business stakeholders on the documented as-is and to-be maps, along with getting requisite approvals for steps/procedures deemed redundant vs. critical vs. desired.
• The TW is required to work with the Development and Integration team to transmit the specifics of the requirements as documented/captured.
• Creates or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
• Gathers feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job specific Competencies
• Knowledge of Process mapping and workflow designing – Expert Level
• Knowledge of Industry IT Standards like ITIL and ITSM – Intermediate Level
• Communication, interpersonal, public speaking, presentation skills – Advanced Level
• Knowledge of IT Systems and web/cloud-based systems design – Basic Level
• A degree/diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science / Engineering or related field.
• 2-5 years of experience in Technical writing
Technical Acumen & Know-How
• Prior experience in technical writing, documentation, or a similar role
• Attention to details
• Excellent technical knowledge in software processes
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
• Understanding of Industry Standards such as ITIL
• Business Process evaluation & design
• Relevant awareness of Service frameworks like: Six Sigma or TQM or Lean
• Experience working with IT teams to improve processes: help refine workflows and create diagrams & procedures for IT teams
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.