Job description / Role
Technician - (Female)
We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge, intriguing tidbits and great conversation over a well-crafted cocktail. We're a local home base, preparing our guests to explore the best our cities have to offer so they can go forth and discover!
The Building Maintenance Tech is a position where you can learn the basics of preventative maintenance duties and procedures, including, but not limited to completing preventive maintenance throughout the hotel, making repairs, performing trash pick up, and unloading and storing deliveries. The Building Maintenance Tech responds promptly to guest requests in a professional and hospitable manner while maintaining a professional appearance.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Wear provided brand-standard uniform shirt, identification, required footwear, and protective equipment such as gloves
- Follow safe work procedures, including company key control procedures
- Performs daily duties including preventive maintenance
- Inspects and cleans up in rooms after working in them and ensures they meet Hotel standards
- Ensures maintenance equipment is properly functioning and maintained
- Ensures that all regular maintenance items are completed
- Responds to maintenance emergencies timely
- Ensures grounds, pool, and structure are properly maintained
- Adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures
- General knowledge of hand tools
- General knowledge of maintenance
- Ability to work well with others in a guest and team-focused environment
- Time Management capability to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Perseverance to complete work efficiently with attention to quality and detail
- Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome
- Drive to learn and grow
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.