Job description / Role
Provides maintenance support (in coordination with Engineer, Network Maintenance) with hands on experience based knowledge to maintenance / production team on all matters related to the utilization and operation of the Mission critical layer systems (Monitoring, Control and Safety shutdown systems), Value adding layer systems, Cyber Security / Networking systems and Field Automation.
• Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Integrated Control & Safety Systems (ICSS) which includes Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Emergency Safety Systems (ESD), Fire & Gas systems (F&G), PLC based Unit Control Panels (UCP), Compressor Control Systems (CCS) and various value adding systems like Alarm Management system (ALMS), Data Historian (DHS), Asset Management System (AMS), Operator Training Stimulator (OTS), Machine Monitoring System (MMS) etc. Maintenance of HART/SMART/Fieldbus/Modbus based Field Instruments and its interface with ICSS and various other Sub Systems.
• Support Network Engineer and ensue effective operation of computers, microprocessor/controller based systems and associated peripherals within various control and safety systems. Witness testing and recommends for acceptance of various control / safety / PLC / UCP systems from project / commissioning phase and maintain it during the life cycle of plant.
• Maintain of ICSS Asset Management System (AMS) with integration to System-1 AMS, Electrical AMS and with Business level AMS-Maximo. Maintain Data Historian systems (DHS) with integration to HQ-Plant Information (PI) System.
• Monitor and Maintain Cyber security and networking components including Layer-2 & Layer-3 networks, switches Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Network Monitoring Solution (NMS), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Antivirus (AV) solution and backup solutions.
• Supervise maintenance / repair / modification works carried out by contractors / vendors for various systems and ensure it complies with the specifications, code of practice and scope of work determined. Upon completion of job, verify and recommend the acceptance. Track all such modifications with supporting MOC procedures and documents.
• Conduct Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) activities on various systems and maintain the records. Actively participate in studying various technical problems related to systems and co-ordinate with field instrument team
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Daily contacts with Control room personnel including Operators, Supervisors and Team leaders to assist in the interpretation of messages, alarms control transactions. Frequent contact with TL, Engineers, Instrument supervisors and technicians to exchange view on development and maintenance of equipment/instruments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Diploma in Electronics / Instrumentations system engineering discipline or equivalent
• At least 3-5 years of Hands-on experience in Maintenance of Yokogawa Centum VP DCS, Prosafe RS ESD/F&G, Plant Resource Manager- AMS, ExaQuantum – ALMS/DHS, TuneVP, ExaPilot, OTS systems, AlenBradley PLCs, Triconex ESD, GE MarkVI/VIe/ BN3500 system , CCC system, ABB 800XAPLCs, Rotork MOVCP, HART/SMART/Fieldbus/Modbus based Field Instruments etc.
• Experience on maintenance of Layer-2 & Layer-3 networks / switches (Cisco/ Hirschmann) / Firewalls (Cisco/Tofino), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) / Network Monitoring Solution (NMS) / Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) / Antivirus (AV) solution, Active Directory, Backup and Recovery Management.
• Good knowledge of English.
About the Company
A leading agri-food company in the UAE.