Job description / Role
About the Company
We are the largest oil producer within the ADNOC Group, accounting for over half of ADNOC's total oil production. As the country's oldest oil production company, our operations date back to 1939, when a 75-year concession was signed to explore for oil and gas in Abu Dhabi. As a global industry leader in environmental sustainability, we are the first in the world to capture carbon from the iron and steel industry. Our Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS) facility at Al Reyadah has the capacity to capture 800,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) from Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) each year, for us in the Bab and Rumiatha oil fields to support Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR).
About the Job
Carry out day to day Telecom maintenance activates in addition to corrective and breakdown maintenance activates related to all Telecom equipment in the assigned field / area.
- Carry out routine and preventive maintenance work, repair and testing of Telecom equipment in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and established safe working practices. Responds to work requests/work orders in a timely manner as per work assignments from Telecom Engineer.
- Obtain the necessary work permits and certificates as per maintenance procedures and company HSE regulations to safely carry out routine and non-routine tasks.
- Make routine inspections on Telecom installations at various sites within the field/area of responsibility to determine equipment serviceability and ensure that all test equipment and measurement devices are well calibrated and have a valid certification.
- Monitor Telecom network performance over the Network Management Systems (NMS) software to determine failure conditions and bring it to the attention of Telecom engineer for quick troubleshooting and resolution.
- Carry out modification and new equipment installations as per approved plans in line with Telecom engineer's directions and supervises external contractor work as assigned.
- Participate in the trouble shooting and repair of Telecom equipment that involves other disciplines such as instrumentation in close cooperation with other disciple technicians and external agencies.
- Interact and Interface with other disciple maintenance personnel as well as external agencies like Etisalat, maintenance contractors Etc. to carry out troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Update maintenance records, databases and redlines as built drawings on modifications for all Telecom equipment in use and update work records in Maintenance Management System.
- Carry out the repair and testing of Telecom equipment modules in a workshop environment
- Prepare and maintains a variety of records, files, drawings, manuals, databases etc.. related to Telecom equipment installed, maintenance activity carried out and spare holding.
- Degree or Diploma in Telecoms Engineering or equivalent relevant degree / education
- At least 5 years in the same or similar role working in an oil and gas industry
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.