Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Technology Business Partner you will be the conduit between the verticalized bus Presidents and Group Technology competence center. You will be focused on value realization by proactively anticipating the business needs aligned with overall vertical/brand growth strategy.
You must have a solid understanding of the full scope of Technology (eCommerce, Digital, Mobile Technology and IT operations including retail and supply chain systems (Oracle ERP, xStore POS, WMS etc.) ideally within the retail domain coupled with commercial expertise and proven outcomes. We are looking for someone with an innovative perspective that will be forwarding focused, to ensure all milestones are achieved and they are the key partner for the business.
You will be a Rockstar in building relationships, managing multiple stakeholders and comfortable communicating effectively at all levels of the organisation. You must be able to demonstrate high emotional intelligence plus excellent influencing skills as these will support the ability to deeply understand the what and why of the business/vertical needs before translating this into brand/vertical level roadmaps. The role will work hand in hand work with the relative vertical President, Group Technology and Data teams for fast efficient business focused solutions that are customer and growth centric plus smooth adoption of any business value initiatives.
The Technology Business Partner will assume budget responsibility that will span monitoring vertical level Technology spend and must be comfortable with autonomy, focusing always on co-creation and collaboration by getting the right people in the room for a win-win solutions that will drive the success of the overall Vertical and Group eCommerce objectives.
- Contribute to the wider Tech strategy of the group, working as the commercial business partner to understand needs and ensure that the business has a voice in the evolution of the group's Tech strategy
- Vertical level strategic road mapping (creation) by filtering and prioritising tech initiatives
- Capabilities should be built depending on business needs (i.e. Bottom Up approach vs. Group Tech Top Down approach)
- Act as the single point of contact for all strategic Tech demand from the business and 'be the partner' of the commercial vertical in ensuring delivery by Tech
- Prioritize demand within the vertical portfolio in alignment with President
- Filter and pre-validate demand based on the information provided by the business
- Analyze business strategies and determine the impact and implications for Tech, and ensure alignment of the Tech portfolio with the business strategies
- Liaise with the Group Tech team to drive identification, verification and documentation of functional and technical requirements for effective solutions
- Participate and lead workshops with the business units to define requirements
- Liaise with the Head of Digital Technology and the Head of Retail & Supply Chain Technology to identify potential solutions to meet business needs and to translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements
- Oversee the development of high-level feasibility studies of potential solutions and tracking proposals across the demand lifecycle
- Own and manage the strategic vertical Tech communication with key business stakeholders
- Lead effort to analyze and research new and existing products, technology innovations, process improvements that will bring value to Chalhoub's Retail business systems
- Work with other Chalhoub Business Relationship Managers to identify common activities and/or synergies across Tech
- Work with the PMO and business leadership to prioritize the portfolio of vertical Tech programs and projects across business
- Follow up and track execution and delivery of all vertical Tech projects from the business's perspective
- Assessing the holistic capabilities required to unlock measurable benefit for the business
- Ensure all projects delivered can be measured and provide positive coherent ROI for the business
- Assessing the actual benefit of Tech initiatives post Go Live (vs. ROI), flagging any major variances and working with the relative teams to recommend corrective measures
- Be in overall charge of the Tech budget of the vertical
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- Monitor team members' performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize efficiency
What you'll need to succeed:
- Extensive experience within a similar position
- University Degree at level BA in any relevant field/ MBA is a plus
- Effective communicator
- Strong relationship building and collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and innovation approach to driving business
- Ability to roadmap and the deliver ROI
- Holistic strategic thinker
- Strong business commercial acumen
- Strategic focus and solid project planning
- Strong command skills
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.