Job description / Role
The role is a Sourcing Category Manager for the entire technology (software) spend. Executing the overall strategy aligning the demand/supply (i.e. procurement) of goods and services for specific sourcing category areas of responsibilities.
Our client is based in the UAE with a profile in banking and serves as a financial service institution and offers financial solutions, products and services.
* The Category Manager will provide direction and experienced guidance to Sourcing Manager(s) and Transactional Buyer(s) assigned to the category, to ensure suppliers and contracts are delivering value for money, minimizing risk, and improving service
* Provides leadership and accountability, ensuring process compliance and delivering optimal sourcing benefits from category management.
* Ensures best commercial value is negotiated and obtained for purchases.
* Specifically prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, select and identify most appropriate supplier (price, quality, conditions)
* Works with the Head of Sourcing to define Category strategy, setting performance objectives and monitoring progress.
* Collaborates with stakeholders to create, manage, and execute category plans
* Ensure that Sourcing Category Management is aligned with the company's corporate Strategies, in cooperation with business planning and strategy and delivers results to the bottom line.
* Ensures that market intelligence is updated regularly and - ensures that any changes are updated in the category strategy and the appropriate steps are taken accordingly to mitigate any potential impact that this information may have to the organization
Excellent exposure within the context of a unique opportunity in a significant organization
* English, Arabic desirable
* 10 years plus demonstrable sourcing category management experience, including writing and executing sourcing category strategies
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior level stakeholders to build trusted relationships
* Ability to align with business strategy and engage Senior Management to reinforce the value of strategic sourcing
* Can operate in a multi matrix, performance driven structure, able to lead cross-functional projects
* Hands on Management style for projects and management of third parties, able to get involved as needed to offer support in group operations.
* Strong change agent, with the ability to make things happen, gain traction quickly and motivated by successful delivery
* Excellent Communicator (verbal and written) and strong negotiator who can effectively manage relationships that are widely dispersed both functionally and geographically.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Procurement and Contracts Officer
Procurement Bid Lead
Senior Procurement Officer
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Head of Procurement
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Supply Chain Manager (Medical Devices)
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||30 Nov|