Job description / Role
An Investment Management company based in Abu Dhabi is looking for someone to join their Information Technology Department. The department is responsible for the efficient sourcing, development and deployment of easy to use technology solutions that address the business needs.
- TechOps is core to the delivery, maintenance and support of the production technology environment.
- The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of technology services to end-users.
- This entails day-to-day operational duties as well as strategic gate-keeping and custodial accountabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required;
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role in a technology operations environment in an investment bank;
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal;
- Able to clearly articulate technical issues and activities to both technical and non-technical staff;
- Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to solving problems;
- Ability to multi-task, with strong ownership and demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency;
- Flexible approach to working hours as shifts are employed to provide 24x7 coverage;
- Strong working experience with job scheduling applications;
- Experience with middleware applications;
- Linux, Windows Server and VMware operating systems;
- Broad knowledge of hardware, networking and software fundamentals with solid troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in monitoring the production environment across multiple technology disciplines: applications, O/S, networking, storage, databases, etc;
- Initiative and desire to maintain exposure across multiple technology disciplines;
- Strong team skills whilst being able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Strong production ethic and customer orientation;
- Industry certification such as ITIL is an asset.
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
IT Service Desk
Sutherland Global Services
|Abu Dhabi||19 Mar|
A Leading Company In The UAE
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)