Job description / Role
- Conducts site surveys for wired and wireless network installation for new and renovated buildings with assistance of Network Team
- Diagnoses and repairs faults on structured cabling systems to restore normal network operation using a variety of cable testing methods and termination equipment.
- Provides technical training to less experienced technicians
- Supervises cabling vendors in structural cabling projects
- Follows up and co-ordinates with the other departments to provide telecom related support.
- Receives requests from Customer Support/Help Desk to install voice service or new data connection.
- Works with Help Desk to solve incidents related to voice service or data service, telephone and assesses the problems and coordinates with telecom providers to restore or correct services problems.
- Manages all work related to telecom cables installation inside campus campuses.
- Follows up and fulfill telecommunication requirements of the university.
- Supervises analog telephone systems and Fax machines maintenance.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Secondary Certificate / Diploma in telecommunications preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Basic Project Management
- Structured Cabling Techniques
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Telecommunication equipment.
- Good knowledge of data structured cabling.
- Understanding of VoIP system.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
- Knowledge of English & Arabic
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
IT Support Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||2 Feb|
Recruitment Consultant – IT & Telecom
Manpower Middle East
Technical Support Professional (6 - Month Contract)
|Abu Dhabi||19 Feb|
Electronic Engineer for a Luxury Golf Club
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Telecommunications Manager - Metro/Rail