Job description / Role
Telephone Operator - THE8 HOTEL
Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when responding to Guest telephone calls will prove you truly are professional. As a Telephone Operator, effective and engaging communication is the key when speaking to fellow Colleagues and Guests.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls and emails either by redirecting calls/emails or assisting the caller/sender.
- Promptly answer telephone calls and emails, addressing callers and senders in a clear, friendly and courteous tone of voice.
- Take ownership of the caller's request and ensure follow up according to the hotel's standards
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office and Engineering.
- Act as dispatcher through Royal Service for security, guest services and other colleagues in operations.
- Update Service Requests and work orders and dispatch to the right department.
- Maintain and monitor the "Royal Service" software system and ensure that all services provided at Royal Service are always available and are carried out efficiently.
- Responsibly use all available systems including PMS (Property Management System), telephone system, Royal Service, fax, etc.
- Maintain the upkeep of all telephone and related equipment within the switchboard to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintain information confidentiality.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy.
- Input and retrieve messages to/from the computer.
- Ensure that messages taken are forwarded to and received by guests.
- Provide time and information in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, housekeeping requests, etc.
- Verify with guests, after a reasonable pre-set time, whether the request has been delivered.
- Follow-ups to be endorsed to proper channels.
- Receive wake-up call requests from guests, repeat information back to caller as it is taken, accurately and expediently log/input information.
- Deliver wake-up calls at the requested time.
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel, such as: F&B promotions, Reservations, meetings rooms, etc.
- Receives and logs into the Table Management System the restaurant reservations requests with all information required.
- Maintaining the communication with the guests regarding the lost & found items.
- Creating amenities in the system for the efficient delivery and cross charging.
- Have full knowledge of the hotel's emergency procedures.
- Remain calm and polite during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity.
- Promotes and leads a service driven, results driven work environment.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety policies and promotes a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer related experience an asset.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required. Knowledge of Opera Property Management System an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly organized, responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Fluency in English, secondary language preferred.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Call Center Agent
Nestle Middle East
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Customer Service / Call Centre Representative
Customer Service Executive
RTC-1 Employment Services