Job description / Role
Taylor Sterling is looking for a Temporary Works Manager to join an award winning first tier contractor in Dubai. Client has won multiple awards and are involved in major build projects in the region.
- Responsible for temporary works design requirements for the project and delivering them on time and budget
- Investigates alternative designs for temporary works, working with the site team
- Ensure a suitable temporary works design brief and programme of requirements is received
- Ensure that contract-specified design checks are carried out and provide the appropriate manager with completed check certificates
- Provide strong technical support in value engineering temporary works and in identifying innovative and robust solutions
- Lead or support temporary works assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern
- Managing the Temporary Works Design Team
- Has thorough knowledge of engineering principles
- Can demonstrate an awareness of methodology costs and understanding of the importance of option reviews
- Has previous experience of site based activities
- Maintains up to date technical knowledge
- Has strong numeracy capability and able to use analysis software
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion
- Is a team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Is a self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and executes activities that will add value to their function
About the Company
Taylor Sterling is as an independent search and selection recruitment firm based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With over 7 years experience attracting talent both locally and internationally to the GCC region.
We are an organization that strives to set the standard for the industry in the Middle Eastern region and beyond. We achieve this by following our mission values that have us portrayed as an integral business partner to our clients and an honest, impartial adviser to our candidates.
The formula to our success in providing turnkey solutions for talent acquisition requirements is one of integrity, transparency and accountability, coupled with extensive regional experience and in-depth industry sector knowledge. Going that 'extra mile' is what really stands us out from the crowd and ensures 'peace of mind' for clients and candidates a like.