Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
The Terminals Manager is responsible for planning, managing and supervising dry port terminal operations to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the facility, considering commercial, safety and operational factors while adhering to Etihad Rail policies and procedures and instructions.
Facility Strategy and Utilization:
• Assist in defining the overall facility strategy and ensure compliance with the same.
• Assist in defining and planning facility activities/procedures on the lines of the dry port terminal structure, facility configuration, nature of operations and type of equipment.
• Assist in defining facility traffic rules/ facility capacity matrix to optimize the productivity of equipment and throughput capacity of the facility.
• Plan for handling of General Cargo (GC) and/or Break Bulk (BB) with quick delivery pre planned due to facility space constraints.
• Ensure damage free loading of containers, GC, BB, aggregates and other products.
• Ensure proper tally of any and all GC, BB, aggregates and other products whether discharged or loaded to be accurate (all discrepancies to be immediately notified to management to avoid claims.
• Conduct random checks of quantity of cargo being received and delivered to consignee after being received within the facility.
• Ensure all HSE Rules/Regulations are followed.
• Ensure Secure operation at all times through coordination with the Security Team on ground.
• Ensure coordination with the Loading Standards Manager to ensure team competence and compliance.
• Ensure timely and meaningful production of Daily facility performance reports.
• Ensure all documentation and payments complete prior to delivery of cargo or loading of cargo.
• Manage receipt, delivery, movement and loading of Containers, GC, BB and Aggregate Products
• Ensure facility operations are managed in accordance with terminal policies and procedures, legislative policy, to meet customer requirements.
• Ensure planning is effectively managed to facilitate movement of containers by making sure that -corrective measures are introduced, as necessary to avoid potential clashes in the facility, stacking principles are followed, Optimal allocation of equipment – e.g. trucks, reach stackers, front end loaders, forklifts, container chassis and the housekeeping of containers to minimize loading and unloading times.
• Explain implications of container movement in the yard – cost, time and convenience.
• Assist in defining norms for equipment allocation to ensure optimal utilization of facility equipment.
• Track and monitor facility inventory, ensure train arrival and departure is accurately planned.
• Ensure strict adherence to protocols for product loading for both road and rail operations.
• Ensure equipment maintenance program is monitored and modified based on planned and real time information i.e. availability of equipment and resources.
• Manage (plan, lead, organize, control) all facility operations, planning and personnel provision ensuring that shift rosters prepared by the Service Design Team are in accordance with facility requirements and comply with fatigue management principles.
• Coordinate with the Network Operations Control Centre (NOCC) for receiving information on train arrival times and ensure that arrival procedures are executed.
• Administrate & report incidents/events to the Terminals Director and NOCC Duty Manager and translate into procedures for future prevention.
• To be the point of contact for existing key customers during shift for all operational related enquires, ensure customer service standards are maintained.
• To ensure prompt, smooth and efficient dialogue between outsourced providers, contractor support and facility operations to maintain strong and professional relationships with customer.
• To ensure standard operating procedures are adhered to by all parties operating within the facility in compliance with facility Standard Operating Procedures.
• Reallocate equipment and resources across facility team in a timely and organized manner based on the workload.
• Identify training areas for development needs.
• Co-ordinate with IT to ensure system requirements are met for effective facility and train planning.
• Ensure effective inter and intra departmental communication for facility operations.
• Plan, monitor and analyze relevant reports, Propose areas for operational improvement, system automation and up gradation.
• Perform periodical scheduled performance review with reporting personnel.
• Periodically review outsourced services and sub-contractor performance.
• Higher Diploma / Graduate / Bachelor’s degree qualification in any discipline
• Diploma or Certificate in either Operational Management, Maritime or Logistics.
• 5-10 years of work experience within a container terminal environment, 3 years of which having held a supervisory/managerial level role and demonstrated experience of working with General Cargo, Break Bulk and Intermodal Containers
About the Company
Etihad Rail was established in June 2009 under Federal Law no. 2, with a mandate to manage the development, construction and operation of the UAEs national freight and passenger railway network.
The railway network will be built in phases to link the principal centres of population and industry of the UAE, as well as to form a vital part of the planned GCC railway network linking the six countries of the GCC: The Kingdom of Bahrain, The State of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Built to international standards, Etihad Rail's state-of-the-art network will act as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. Once complete, the railway will redefine logistics and transport in the region; thus providing a modern, safe, efficient and sustainable network which will connect the UAE and its regions to its neighbouring GCC countries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager - Project Logistics
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|
Shipping Manager - Dry Cargo - Permanent
A Leading Consultancy In UAE