Job description / Role
Job Title: Tester (POS)
- A "hands-on" technical role with a focus on quality.
- With a clear understanding of Systems and Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and standards, Testers are highly proficient in designing test suites and in using various testing techniques.
- Requires flexibility, accuracy and a strong sense of ownership.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong experience into Point of Sale (POS) Testing.
- Implement, Configure POS software
- Responsible for POS software - installation, configuration, testing, creation and maintenance of test documents and Go-live support
- Experience in POS upgrade testing at an ERP level implementation.
- Perform Functional, SIT & help support UAT testing for defect solutions and new project solutions.
- Strong expertise in working through middleware as a part of SIT testing.
- Food, Retail and Warehouse management experience would be advantageous.
- Good experience working on the Atlassian test management toolsets such as Zephyr, Xray, TM4J, QTM4J
- Good to have functional knowledge & working experience on the SIM / SIOCS
- Strong understanding of batch job testing across the environments.
- Have a strong working experience in managing the System Integration test phase.
- Should be proficient in driving the testing efforts across the multiple projects.
- Should work closely with the automation team and help automate the test cases.
- Strong hands on deriving test metrics via means of tools/excel.
- A Professional, mature in approach, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong analytical and testing skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of management, team, vendors and peers within the organization.
- Flexible in approach.
- A mindset of pragmatism and customer centricity applied to decision making
- Well structured, delivery focused and driven
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Analyse requirements and the test data needs.
- Create test cases, scripts and traceability matrix.
- Run the defect triage calls effectively with the support of Lead/manager.
- Coordinate with the development teams (including vendor) to ensure that
- Help analyse the impact of the change on the system and identify regression test cases.
- Execute the test cases manually/automated.
- Present test-case walk-through.
- Following the required set standards
- Analyzing the testing results and submitting the report to the development team
- Ensure that the testing is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures
- Ensure that test-product documentation is complete
- Focus on continuous testing improvements
- Responsibility for the maintenance of QA environments across products, working closely with the delivery teams to define an optimal solution for each platform.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.