Threat Defense Operations Manager
Job description / Role
Take ownership of detection logic creation and maintain a data source regarding information security indicators, correlations, and previously detected logic to support information security teams and the overall IT department.
A well-established entity in the region looking to improve their information security function.
* Lead the analysis of internal and external cybersecurity threat information from Intrusion Detection systems, logs, or intelligence reports to identify and address threat actor groups and Indicators of Compromise.
* Tailor detection logic within the business threat landscape to develop use cases (threat rules or signatures) based on industry intelligence.
* Provide expert advice on SIEM configuration and ensure its effective deployment in terms of monitoring and alerting rules.
* Leverage data sources (internal or external) to monitor the effectiveness of the existing detection logic and make improvements as necessary, maintaining a data source catalogue for intelligence regarding indicators or potential correlations.
* Scope to drive information security threat hunting initiatives in collaboration with business and IT departments.
* Opportunity to further develop cyber defence operations.
* 7-9 years' experience in threat hunting, common attack vectors, and IOC datasets within large financial institutions.
* Hands-on experience with SIEM configuration and logic development.
* Solid understanding of techniques for network exploitation, web application attacks , or other related protocols.
* Security+, CEH, GCIA, GCIH, or CISSP
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Cyber Security Manager
Strategy Consulting Manager - Technology Practice - Tier One Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent
DKV International Real Estate