Ticketing / Entry Operations Attendant (Preferred Russian Speaker)
Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE™ Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
We are looking for a smart and dynamic Ticketing / Entry Operations Attendant (preferably Russian Speaker). In this role you are responsible for daily operation of assigned position in Entrance Operations including but not limited to: Ticketing, Turnstiles, Group Sales, Annual pass Processing, Guest Services, and Rental Services. Follows all cash handling and operating procedures of assigned area and maintains a vigilant focus on positive guest service and strict revenue management. Gives great guest service while meeting capacity objectives of assigned position. Keeps entry operations supervisory staff informed of all location, guest, and employee issues.
- Daily operation of the entry operations position ensuring proper cash handling, exemplary guest service and positive employee relations
- Always conveys cheerful and positive guest experience attitude
- Complete all position training and stays current on operational changes and signs-off on any procedural change
- Performs duties as per SOP for the given area of work
- Assists Guests at the Turnstiles, making sure guests are getting in and out of the Park correctly and without delay
- Issuing Annual Passes, Handling Guest Services, Lost and Found and Group Sales
- Assisting Guests with renting a stroller or wheelchair
- Distributing Park Maps and assisting with directing guests
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Should be English & Russian Language Speaker
- Minimum 1-year previous experience in Guest Service/ Entertainment/ Hospitality industry / Theme Park
- Completed High / Secondary School or higher or equivalent diploma preferred.
- Adapting to changing work environment whilst keeping a positive attitude
- Hands on operational experience in a cash handling area.
- Deliver exemplary guest service
- Preferably Arabic Language speaker
- University Degree or Professionally Trained
- 2 year & above experience in a Ticketing and cash handling area at a theme park, amusement park, water park or themed attraction
The Best Part of The Story
Will be offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014