Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known healthcare facility in UAE is currently recruiting for the position of Tissue Viability Nurse to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will lead the development and implementation of an effective tissue viability and wound care management service, implement a contemporary, evidenced-based model of care in the prevention and management of skin and tissue injuries and promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and change management. Additionally, you will be reporting to the Clinical Coordinator.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited:
• Acts as a positive role model and mentor
• Promotes an interdisciplinary team approach to the prevention and management of skin and tissue injuries.
• Demonstrates accountability, critical thinking and leadership in conflict management and problem solving.
• Recommends and manages appropriate resources to support the prevention and management of skin and tissue injuries
• Acts as a resource for staff in regard to tissue viability & wound care management.
• Leads in the recruitment and professional development of Tissue Viability champions
• Develops and implements a program to assist in professional development and succession planning of Tissue Viability and Wound Care champions.
• Provides clinical leadership with the assessment, management and evaluation of care of skin and tissue injuries.
• Recommends appropriate, evidence-based regimens for the prevention and management of skin and tissue injuries
• Ensures that all patients with skin and tissue injuries are treated as per clinical orders and current wound care protocols/ guidelines.
• Participates in interdisciplinary and family meetings to address skin and tissue injury-related concerns in the plan of care.
• Reviews all incidents of skin and tissue injuries and correctly categorize these as reflected in the performance indicators.
• Ensures that a root cause analysis is conducted on all patients who develop or have a worsening skin/tissue injury with an action plan that addresses the causes.
• Ensures that the performance indicators accurately reflect the skin and tissue injuries within the organization.
• Ensures that action plans and improvement projects are developed and implemented, based on a root cause analysis for all performance indicators which exceed stated benchmarks.
• Ensures that a regular incidence and prevalence study is conducted to correlate accuracy of reported skin and tissue injuries
• Networks and establishes linkages with local/ national wound care and tissue viability groups and brand representatives within the region.
Education & Research
• Leads performance improvement activities based on identified issues from indicators, incident reports, root causes analyses and audits.
• Actively leads and participates in research initiatives which lead to an increase in the body of knowledge of wound care and tissue viability.
• Participates in delivering education internally through formal and informal avenues.
• Participates in the delivery of change management strategies through local, national and international conferences.
• Actively participates in the development of resources which guide the care of patients with actual and potential skin and tissue injuries.
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
• Integrate appropriate OSH management into process and culture
• Ensure staff has knowledge to meet their responsibilities
• Ensure OSH risks are identified and controlled
• Provide OSH information, training and supervision
• Assist with the preparation of risk assessment
• Ensure application of appropriate risk control measures
• Reporting of OSH hazards and incidents to Quality Coordinator or Health & Safety Officer
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of others that may affected by their acts or omissions at work
• Actively participates in OSH Trainings and Consultation meeting
• Ensures patient confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times
• Develops and maintains a Professional Portfolio related to Tissue Viability
• Works as a strong patient advocate maintaining effective channels of communication with residents/patients, relatives and all members of the interdisciplinary team
• Acts as a patient advocate, challenging poor practice and discriminatory attitudes and behaviours
• Recognizes the boundaries of their scope of practice and limits of own competence
• Promotes quality of life and embraces the unique social and cultural role of the family
• Facilitates a climate of mutual understanding and appreciation of cultural differences inherent in a multicultural society
• Responds to all levels of emergencies according to the organizations policies and procedure
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to meet the following criteria
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Tissue Viability nurse in hospital/rehabilitation/community setting
• Bachelor's in Nursing and Post graduate qualification Tissue Viability/Wound Care management/Stoma Care
• Previous experience in a leadership role would be an advantage
• Willing to work 48 hours per week
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.