Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A key pillar of the PwC Middle East Strategy, Tomorrow, Today is our internal digital upskilling and transformation program. Launched 3 years ago, the team is now looking to expand and mobilize champions in each of the different lines of services. The champion's main role is to enable the digital community of each line of service, increase adoption of digital tools and drive digital impact.
Main contributions are:
- Tailor and implement specific Tomorrow, Today awareness and adoption initiatives to support the digital transformation of the line of service
- Enable the line of service digital community to generate impact by channeling specific digital opportunities to the relevant profile
- Increase the line of service staff's knowledge on the various digital tools available to them and our digital ecosystem so that they can incorporate in their client work
- Generate analytics and report back on impact to senior stakeholders
Digital Community Pool:
- Facilitate the Digital Community Pool processes, including coordinating with different Business Unit to ensure availability and on-boarding of resources
- Ensure the build up of on ongoing and prioritized backlog of initiatives with digital potential
- Activate Digital opportunities by matching opportunities to resources
- Assess and report on challenges faced, provide technical support and guidance as required to avoid shortfalls in outcomes and results
- Identify and report back on success stories
- Capture and report back on engagement benefits (Time saved, Cost saved & revenue generated)
- Support the line of service digital community in achieving digital related KPIs
- Facilitate the Knowledge Management process of the line of service (Identifying digital assets, sharing assets…)
- Plan and hold adoption bootcamps to provide employees with hands on experience on specific digital tools
- Organize, as needed, ad-hoc digital training sessions leverage existing material and resources
- Utilization reporting of the digital community by actively providing a view availability
- Ensure regular updates to the digital community's skills & proficiency levels
- Proactively review Ipower to ensure engagements data is captured correctly for DAs and DBs
- Support the TT Partner Lead & Deputy by providing updates, information and data on DA resourcing
- Digital savvy (Data Analytics, Automation or similar)
- 3-4 years of experience in a consulting company, digital transformation role or project management role (or similar)
- 1 year fixed contract, full time (possibility to renew)
- Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Agile Project Management
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Stakeholder Management
- Change resilience
- Learning agility
- Service Excellence
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.