Job description / Role
- The purpose of this position is to provide safe and effective cleaning services covering the Track and Power Rail systems of Dubai Metro and the maintenance and service of specialised cleaning equipment.
Structure and reporting relationship
- Reports directly to track team leaders.
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Carry out lineside cleaning of the track and power rail equipment of Dubai Metro such as tracks, lineside viaduct, depots, power rail and all other track related areas as required;
- Carry out preventive maintenance check of cleaning equipment such as industrial vacuum cleaner, high pressure cleaning machine and other specialised cleaning equipment;
- Respond to incident on the track, viaduct and power rail that require specific cleaning expertise in a timely and efficient manner;
- Follow the operation and maintenance work instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements;
- Maintain accurate records of track, viaduct and power rail cleaning;
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are in good condition;
- Assist the Track Team Leader or other technical support staff to identify different types of cleaning methods including cleaning and restoration treatments;
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the Track Team Leader.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements;
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above;
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions;
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco's controlled premises/systems
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties.
Safety Critical Competencies
- Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Must have completed secondary level (high school) with vocational certificate or equivalent.
- Able to write simple reports and drawings as required;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in buildings and grounds cleaning specially in sandy environment;
- Understand and with experience in adhering to structure work instructions;
- Experience in operation and maintenance of motorized equipment, industrial vacuum cleaner and high pressure cleaning machine and other specialized cleaning equipment is desirable.
Additional / special features of the role
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.