Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The purpose of this position is to provide safe and effective cleaning services covering the Track and Power Rail systems of Dubai Metro and the maintenance and service of specialized cleaning equipment.
- Cary out lineside cleaning of the track and power rail equipment of Dubai Metro such as tracks, lineside viaduct, depots, power rail and all other track related areas as required.
- Carry out preventive maintenance check of cleaning equipment such as industrial vacuum cleaner, high pressure cleaning machine and other specialised cleaning equipment.
- Respond to incident on the track, viaduct and power rail that require specific cleaning expertise in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow the operation and maintenance work instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of track, viaduct and power rail cleaning.
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are in good condition.
- Assist the Track Team Leader or other technical support staff to identify different types of cleaning methods including cleaning and restoration treatments.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Judgement and Decision Making - Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios.
- Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Drive for Results - Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units.
- Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
- Makes Decisions - Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Supports Difference - Works effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations or background.
- Resilience - Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- Must have completed secondary level (high school) with vocational certificate or equivalent.
- Must have minimum of 1 year relevant experience in buildings and grounds cleaning specially in sandy environment.
- Should have understanding and with experience in adhering to structure work instructions;
- Must have experience in operation and maintenance of motorized equipment, industrial vacuum cleaner and high-pressure cleaning machine and other specialized cleaning equipment is desirable.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.