Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
Based on permanent night shift, the purpose of this position is to supervise and lead a number of line maintenance teams to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the track and related infrastructure for the Dubai Metro.
- Lead and give guidance to a number of Track engineering and maintenance teams in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on the track and related infrastructure, including inspection of mainline and depot running rail, inspection of turnouts and points, inspection of fastening system and buffer stops, inspection of third rail, rail renewals, installation, and rail grinding.
- Liaise with other disciplines to enable space co-ordination along the mainline including tunnels shafts, carry out site visits, topographical and gauging survey, inspection of track work and condition monitoring.
- Follow the appropriate maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Assist subordinates with the job familiarisation where required.
- Assist Track Manager in maintenance planning and program track maintenance.
- Give guidance to Track Team Leaders to maintain accurate maintenance records of track and related infrastructure, equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Assist the Track Manager or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Execution & Delivery - Sets clear team objectives and establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Collaboration - Establishes effective relationship with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside their immediate working environment, valuing the contributions from others and leveraging networks across the whole of Serco.
- Valuing Difference - Works effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations or background.
- Empowerment & Delegation - Effectively and appropriately allocates responsibility to others to maximise the organization's and individual's effectiveness.
- Resilience: - Remains calm in uncertain or challenging situations and consistently behaves in a manner that is acceptable to others.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation.
Essential technical and professional skills
- Must have diploma or degree in Civil Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Should have working experience in track geometry, track bed construction, geology and hydrogeology, drainage and earthworks, topographical and gauging surveys;
- Must have minimum 2 years work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical technician in the maintenance of track works, such as rail renewals and installation work, rail inspection work, track welding work and machine operations on the mainline and depot tracks and associated infrastructure (including cuttings, embankments, fences, etc.) is highly preferable;
- Should have 3 years of supervisory and management experience in supervising a number of Track maintenance teams to carry out the maintenance activities and / or with minimum of 2 years working experience as Track Team Leader within Serco Dubai Metro;
- Should have experience in operating rail grinding machinery, electric arc welding tools, ultrasonic track inspection equipment, re-railing and rescue devices, installed on-board maintenance vehicles and in workshop would be a definite advantage;
- Prior experience in shunting and driving maintenance vehicles and/or locomotives would be an added advantage;
- Experience in supervising the planned track engineering and maintenance activities to meet tight maintenance schedule during engineering possession hours (less than 4 hours per night);
- Should have thorough understanding of the use, calibration and care of various electronic test equipment and ability to interpret instructions in a variety of written, verbal, pictorial forms in order to carry out the maintenance activities.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.