Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The key role purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the track and related infrastructure for Dubai Metro. This role is based on permanent night shift.
- Assist the Track Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on track and related infrastructure, including inspection of mainline and depot running rail, inspection of turnouts and points, inspection of fastening system and buffer stops, inspection of third rail, inspection of the rail corridor, rail renewals, installation, and rail grinding;
- Carry out maintenance of the track system components;
- Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of works, including to meet tight maintenance schedules;
- Follow the appropriate maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements;
- Maintain accurate maintenance records of permanent way and related infrastructure, work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system;
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are maintained in good condition both before and after job activities;
- Perform shift and emergency duties when required;
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Track Team Leader and other senior Track Maintenance staff.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Delivers Customer Service - Sees those they interact with as customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity. Always alert to the customer's point of view and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Solves Problems - Identifies problems within own area of remit & takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive - Actively works towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Demonstrates Collaboration - Demonstrates proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Respects Difference - Shows respect for individual differences and perspectives amongst colleagues.
- Resilience: Maintains Composure - Remains calm in uncertain or challenging situations & consistently behaves in a manner that is acceptable to others.
Essential technical and professional skills
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in civil engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Knowledge in track geometry, track bed construction, drainage and earthworks, topographical and gauging surveys;
- Ability to complete the planned track maintenance activities to meet tight maintenance schedule during engineering possession hours;
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
- Minimum 1 year work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical technician in the maintenance of track works, such as rail renewals and installation work, rail inspection work, track maintenance equipment operation, rail welding work and machine operations on mainline and depot tracks and associated infrastructure (including cuttings, embankments, fences, etc.) is highly preferable;
- Experience in operating rail grinding machinery, electric arc welding tools, ultrasonic track inspection equipment, installed on-board maintenance vehicles and in workshop would be a definite advantage;
- Prior experience in shunting and driving engineering vehicles and/or locomotives would be an added advantage.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.