Job description / Role
The role will be responsible for handling timely issuance/receipt of trade finance instruments as well as reporting credit risk exposure in line with internal policies.
The client is a newly set up subsidiary of a large European Energy company with a focus on physical oil trading and processing business in UAE.
* Participating in counter-party on-boarding process which includes, contacting counter-parties, gathering required documentation and addressing all related queries.
* Providing real-time credit exposure to traders in line with RMS Credit tool and Risk Manager.
* Understanding existing and future trading agreements, establishing related credit exposures.
* Proactively liaise with traders, Risk Manager, Legal, Operations and Group Guarantee team to manage and coordinate incoming /outgoing credit collaterals timely delivery.
* Negotiation and reporting of LC, SBLC, PCG, and cash deposits given or received in support of activities in coordination with Risk Manager and Group Guarantee Team. This includes handling of Documentary Letter of Credit processes (issuing, presentation of documents, discrepancies resolution etc.)
* Negotiation and management of credit collaterals in coordination with various teams.
* Monitor jointly with Back Office the status of old debt/overdues to ensure timely receipt of due funds. Report to Risk Manager any overdues and implement necessary action to recoup those funds.
* Ensure timely issuance/ receipt of securities in line with operations' loading planning and maintain a collateral registry (incoming and outgoing).
* Ensure accurate reporting of daily and monthly credit risk exposure as well as old debt report.
* Excellent exposure
* Growth opportunities
* 4+ years of experience in trade finance and/or credit risk functions in a commodity trading business (oil trading preferably, physical and financial)
* Graduate degree/chartered status in analytical field (e.g. Accounting, economics, engineering, finance, etc.) from reputable university.
* Previous experience in handling letter of credit and other trade finance instruments.
* Credit Risk management techniques, Financial Statements Analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate at all levels.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant - Payables
Al Boom Marine
Accounts & Finance Executive
A Leading Company In The UAE
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO