Job description / Role
The position of TMM is responsible for the following key areas:
- Transform deep understanding of local consumer/shopper/customers behavior and need states into actionable consumer/shopper/customers insights and initiatives to drive total portfolio growth.
- Develop, launch and lead the new Trade Marketing function that will translate Marketing AOP plans into localized activation plans by territory by channel.
The TMM will report directly into the Sales Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- The TMM will be in charge of defining, aligning and deploying the Trade Marketing structure to achieve the group’s objectives.
- The TMM will be in charge of developing and aligning annual and TOP SMART personal targets for all the members of the team based on company’s principles.
- The HOTM will provide timely and appropriate feedback and couching to all members of the team to ensure their personal and professional growth as well as the delivery of the team’s annual and quarter objectives.
- The TMM will ensure that all members of the team will conduct themselves according to company values and rules.
Shopper Insights and Strategy
- Insights and analytics
- The TMM will be in charge of developing deep understanding of consumers, shoppers and customers’ behaviors and need states.
- The TMM will, in coordination with the HCM, define the annual requirements for Trade Audits by country.
- The TMM will be responsible for developing and controlling the annual Trade Audit Budget that will include Nielsen’s Regular trade audits, KA Index, Price elasticity Model and Distribution effectiveness Model, Euromonitor industry reports, or any other applicable tools.
- The TMM will conduct annual negotiations with all Trade audit supplier and present an annual budget proposal to the Sales Director for approval.
- The TMM will develop, align and deliver periodical Trade Audit report by category and specific category development recommendations.
- The TMM will develop and maintain an accurate Price elasticity model and will support the Brand and Channel teams in the development of their pricing strategy TPR and multi pack execution.
- The TMM will develop a standard procedure and template for Consumer and Trade promotions post launch evaluation.
- The TMM will develop, align and deploy the Trade Marketing structure and operating processes as well as the ways of working with the Consumer Marketing and Channel teams.
- The TMM will ensure the effective translation of Marketing plans into localized structured annual channel plans.
- The TMM will develop, align and control the In-store activation annual budget based on the annual Trade marketing plans by territory by channel.
- The TMM will ensure deep understanding of the local shopper and key retailers profiles in order to develop actionable insights as company’s competitive advantage.
- The TMM will manage, within I2M process, all Trade marketing key initiatives time tables and ensure their timely implementation.
- The TMM will ensure the post launch evaluation of all Trade Marketing initiatives in order to create an effective sustainable in-store activation model.
- AOP Trade Marketing master plans by TOP by territory by channel.
- Trade Marketing Key initiatives delivery in time and quality.
- SOM by brand, territory and channel.
- Profitable volume and Value growth by channel.
- In-store activation budget effective management.
- In-store activation budget productivity.
- In-store execution model by territory by channel.
Education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or such related qualification but preferably MBA or equivalent
- 8 years FMCG experience with at least 4 - 5 years as Trade Marketing Manager / Marketing Manager / Category Management Manager / Direct Sales Manager
- Knowledge and experience of consumer & buyer behaviors very essential
- Possessing very strong strategy development, project management, problem solving skills
- Having very good understanding of category insights & data analysis
- Proven track record of achieving KPIs / sales plans
- Demonstrated passion for excellent customer service delivery
- Having good organizational skills
- Computer Literate on all MS Office programs especially MS Excel.
- Very strong background in managing merchandising, promotions and partnerships
- Must have strong analytical, communication, selling, negotiation, training skills
About the Company
A leading FMCG company in GCC.