Job description / Role
The Traffic Coordinator organizes the shipping of goods to customers, in accordance with the SHE program, the quality requirements (target 98% OTD), and the customer's intimacy policy and in respect of the negotiated freight prices with a focus on cost efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Screen Zino control report to identify shipments not loaded.
• Determine the goods to be shipped following their availability, the customer’s request, the traffic instruction, the delivery priority and the transit times.
• Contact customer service in case of credit blocked customer.
• Handling the requests received on Jindal Films Europe Traffic shared mail box from different departments which are related to creating new DNs & shipments and handling the issues for the current ones.
• Calculate the quantity to be loaded by trailer / container.
• Build the shipments and send the confirmation to the selected carriers, (mostly through TRANSPOREON interface).
• Analyze the request and propose different alternative solutions (in transit time and price) to the requestor.
• Organize the shipping at the best balance cost/service.
• Drive shipments costs down by identifying clubbing opportunities to increase shipment size.
• Report Freight KPI’s (rush shipment, non-optimal freight…).
• Find alternative carriers in case shipments not accepted by assigned carrier (secure the relevant endorsement).
• Analyze requests from all parties carriers, sales, customers, etc..., provide answer and or solution in due time.
• Act as interface between customer service and carriers to optimize the service provided to the customer.
• Actively participate in the weekly logistics calls (raise issues and propose solutions to the supervisor).
• Provide support to Distribution and Warehousing Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Diploma in Engineering / Industrial / Secondary Education.
• Minimum 2 years experiences in similar role.
• Negotiation & Analytical Skills.
• Fluent in English (both verbal and written), other European Language is a plus.
• Good computer literacy.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
About the Company
Jindal Films is an expert in the development and manufacture of specialty films for flexible packaging and labeling markets.
Our products help solve your packaging and labeling problems, improve your total costs and support dazzling package designs that help you sell more.
Within Flexible Packaging, Jindal Films provides films that lead the market in terms of barrier to moisture, oxygen, and flavor & aroma. These barriers protect package contents and extend the shelf-life of consumer products so our customers can expand their product distribution channels, reduce stales and keep products tasting 'first day fresh'. Our barrier technology is available in our range of Bicor, Metallyte and Oppalyte films.
Emad Trade House
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Operations Executive - Logistics
Search Heads Middle East
Logistics Coordinator - Import & Export Documentation
Sun Global DMCC