Job description / Role
Jindal films is a leading manufacturer of specialty oriented polypropylene (OPP) and polyolefin (PO) films, supplying the flexible packaging industry with innovative packaging and labeling solutions.
Jindal’s Logistics strategy is to shape the logistics set-up into a simplified, flexible, cost effective, compliant and reliable network to support our volatile and complex film business. Reporting to the Head of Logistics Europe the Traffic Supervisor is a key role in the supply chain organization and serves as the primary coordinator and responsible person for the distribution planning and operations for European transport (road, intermodal and sea).
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Lead a diverse team of transportation professionals located in mainly in Dubai and in Europe
• Ensure on-time delivery of goods directly to the customers and internal warehouses, considering cost effectiveness and the specific regulations (e.g. country-specific export documents, CMR)
• Own distribution operations and optimize current transport and IT processes with special focus on payload bundling, carrier/service provider allocation, cost approval, freight invoices and customer claims
• Monitor and analyze the distribution metrics and take corrective actions if needed
• Strengthen the relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as customer service, plant sites and carriers
• Support implementation and monitoring of various cost savings and service improvement initiatives
• Execute department specific process, policies and standard operation procedures in a highly transactional environment
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Education: Diploma in Engineering/Industrial/Secondary Education or fundamental experiences in transport business
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals throughout the company as well as build relationships with carriers
• Able to work independently, prioritize assignments, and achieve desired results
• Experience with manufacturing and supply chain operations
• Good understanding of European transport market (geography, routes etc.)
• Fluent in English (both verbal and written), any other European language is a plus
• Leadership experiences preferred
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
• Maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality
• Distinct will to shape and develop team and processes
About the Company
Jindal Films is an expert in the development and manufacture of specialty films for flexible packaging and labeling markets.
Our products help solve your packaging and labeling problems, improve your total costs and support dazzling package designs that help you sell more.
Within Flexible Packaging, Jindal Films provides films that lead the market in terms of barrier to moisture, oxygen, and flavor & aroma. These barriers protect package contents and extend the shelf-life of consumer products so our customers can expand their product distribution channels, reduce stales and keep products tasting 'first day fresh'. Our barrier technology is available in our range of Bicor, Metallyte and Oppalyte films.
Manpower Middle East
Warehouse Supervisor - Dispatch In-Charge
New East General Trading
RTC-1 Employment Services
Logistics and Dispatch Supervisor
Operations Manager / Operations Delivery Manager