Job description / Role
Are you a passionate Fashion Trainer looking for a new exciting role? Do you know all the insides of the Fashion industry and fashion is your life? We are currently looking for a Fashion Trainer to join the Chalhoub Retail Academy. This person will be a core facilitator of Learning, responsible for developing content and delivering the Chalhoub University training portfolio with a main focus on the Fashion curriculum of the Chalhoub Retail Academy.
• Follow all relevant L&D policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a consistent manner
• Design and implement the Fashion curriculum programmes covering all aspects of fashion including but not limited to design from conception through to final styling, introduction to the fashion industry, fashion history, apparel construction, patternmaking, history of textiles, merchandising, etc.
• Keep abreast of the latest innovations and trends of the fashion industry; review and update the training programmes of the Fashion learning ladder in line with these trends
• In collaboration with internal SMEs, initiate regular activities to engage with the Chalhoub Group employees such the Fashion Edits, sketching workshops, fashion webinars, etc.
• Deliver other Learning and Development solutions in line with the Chalhoub University curriculum to employee and supervisory levels
• Support employees in the use of various learning platforms such as Chalhoub University, Axonify, etc.
• Ensure the implementation of effective development methods to educate and enhance performance
• Design and deliver training in various modes: face to face, virtual, blended, etc.
• Support brands and communities through co-creation and collaboration
• Achieve the stipulated vocational qualifications in assessing vocational competence in line with the partner awarding body
• Evaluate training effectiveness and propose solutions to improve the learning experience
• Seek new and relevant training ideas and tools
• Extend continuous support to employees and the Chalhoub University team members as required
• Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed.
• Professional Degree/Certification with reputable Fashion school, and/or University Degree in HR, Business, Psychology or any related field
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.