Job description / Role
Being a job specific role, prior working experience in training on Airport operations / airlines customer handling is essential
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver Ground Operations Learning and Development interventions for all areas of the company as determined by the Ground Operations Training Manager (GOTM). To act as a role model for ground operations excellence in terms of actions and behaviour.
- Deliver training that ensures staff are:
• Motivated and encouraged to exceed expectations by the training delivered
• Fully skilled on the use of all systems and equipment
• Fully aware of compliance policies and procedures for Air Arabia, Sharjah Aviation Services, Customer Airlines and the regulatory procedures
• Properly briefed on all changes to product and procedures
- Assess training needs; develop and deliver ongoing training activities to help station personnel maintain and improve their job skills and knowledge.
- Update curriculum as per IOSA/ISAGO standards and create handouts, manuals, visual aids, course outlines, PowerPoint presentations, assessment instruments, newsletters and other materials as required.
- Deliver adhoc training sessions on shift rotation and at different workplace locations as determined by the GOTM
- Explain procedures so as to ensure that the relevant Health & Safety and Company policy requirements placed upon all operations are fully complied with.
- Support GOTM in dealing with Safety and Quality observations. Also, in areas of safety risk assessments and hazard identification.
- Work with the GOTM to continually review training materials, ensuring that all changes in policy, operational requirements and legislation are incorporated in the training to ensure compliance at all times.
- Ensure that all training is conducted to the highest levels so that security, safety, and service standards are met by all departments.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive reporting as required.
- Ground Operations Training Manager
- Occasional travel may be required for training purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two-years experience in training in customer handling or Airport operations environment.
- Expert knowledge in Ground Operation such as Passenger handling, Baggage handling, ramp and load control, etc.
- Excellent knowledge in Departure Control System and Baggage Tracing System.
- IATA or other relevant aviation qualifications will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical ability and organizational skills
- Knowledge in ISAGO standards will be an added advantage;
- Excellent presentation skills with strong written and verbal skills in English plus one additional language.
- Fluent in Arabic language would be an advantage
- Excellent motivational skills and has the ability to influence staff performance and increase productivity.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and able to work on shift basis as and when required to delivery training in the workplace
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Call Center Agent - Inbound
Coordinator - Corporate Communications
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Safety Management System (SMS) Coordinator