Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, today announced the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, is set to open in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, will be a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge, a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo will be designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Training Manager
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All trainings as per the task division in the Training Department to be conducted with full pre-planning actions, execution of training and post training activities.
- Meet with the training manager regularly to ensure effective running of the division and task distribution. Brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Update all administration regarding training records. Filing of documentation after Sofitel Brand Orientation, code of ethics, SOP training checklists, PCI Data Security compliance updates as and when required.
- Supervise, create, monitor, and follow up on all activities regarding the Sofitel Quiz on product related questions and standards of the Hotel. Maintaining a data base of questions for this quiz. Organizing the testing and statistics for the quiz.
- Update the Training Notice Boards on a regular basis and also to monitor all other department notice boards.
- Ensuring that changes to the monthly training calendar are updated and communicated.
- Conducting regular grooming checks throughout the hotel and reporting any discrepancies.
- Conduct Sofitel Brand Orientation for new colleagues in the hotel including the required Sofitel Service and Sofitel Behavioral Standards. Update the colleague handbook on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular Sofitel Service Fundamentals and Train The Trainer sessions in line with the 6 months training plans.
- Maintain Attendance and Pending reports and proactively coordinate attendance with departments to reduce amount of colleagues pending for required sessions.
- Develop and implement new training materials such as Info Sessions, Service Fundamentals, etc. based on Training Needs Analysis.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and administration of the Monthly Colleague Communication Forum.
- Liaise with Departmental Trainers and Leaders on a regular basis; attend departmental meetings in all hotel departments in order to build relationships, explain training requirements and also to ascertain training needs from various departments.
- Monitor trainers in their departments by attending a minimum of 2 training sessions conducted in the respective departments on a monthly basis.
- Conduct 2 weekly service delivery audits in specified areas and report results (i.e. Rooming, Reservations, IRD Order Taking, etc).
- Conduct quarterly Department Trainer Reviews and Assessments to help determine Trainer of the Quarter.
- Maintain accurate Database of certified and designated Department Trainers and maintain information related to departmental training hours, trainer incentives, etc.
- Administer the cross training process and related documentation.
- Administer the E-Cornell process and related documentation.
- Assist in conducting and compiling the bi annual Training Needs Analyses for the hotel.
- Update the Training section on the digital notice boards once weekly with up to date information.
- Carry out any other duties or assignments or reasonable requirements, given by the Director of Human Resources / Training Manager as required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in the Hospitality Industry, with minimum of two years in a Leadership role Human Resources experience a definite asset Interaction Management facilitator an asset
- Degree in Hotel/Human Resources Management or its equivalent Working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Excellent planning and organizational skills Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of working in a multi cultural environment Ability to manage a number of tasks at any one time
- In the absence of the Director of Training ensure the smooth running of the Training Department.
- Assist in coaching sessions, re-trainings and support to colleagues in the Hotel.
- Assist with creative poster campaigns and all events organized by the HR Department.
- Promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and high standard of social skills.
- Promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- Display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- Demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment Adhere to Sofitel Dubai rules and regulations at all times
WHAT IS IN IF FOR YOU
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- What you will be doing:
- Lead, mentor and train the Food & Beverage Operations team
- Ensure Food & Beverage relevant brand standards are maintained
- Strategize on new products and service offerings
- Create unforgettable experiences for our guests
- Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Learning and Development Manager
Regional Learning and Development Manager
Assistant Learning Manager
Talent Development Officer