Job description / Role
As a Senior within the Transaction Support team, you'll participate in due diligence engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers. You'll analyze the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing accounting records and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress. And as an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and support their development.
• Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
• Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
• Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
• Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Transaction Support professionals
• Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
• Build strong internal relationships with members of the Transaction Support team and other Ernst & Young services
Technical skills requirements
• Knowledge of IFRS
Additional skills requirements
• Strong academic record including, a degree
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal abilities
• Ability to work well within a team
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
• Proficiency in Arabic language skills are highly desirable
Who we are
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a transaction support professional at Ernst & Young, you'll help clients achieve their strategic goals, working directly with senior management teams for both buyers and sellers. You'll work in a dynamic, forward-looking environment serving many of the world's largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. This will provide opportunities for international experiences across multiple industries working for a fully integrated global transaction business worldwide. We'll help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to be an effective advisor and provide opportunities to help you achieve your potential. We're committed to helping you succeed professionally and personally.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.