Job description / Role
Are you building your tomorrow, today? If that sounds like you, think about pursuing a career with our Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) team. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
Our team is looking for high caliber individuals to join us at the Senior Manager level. We work on the most complex and high-profile global transactions across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. Our team is made up of experienced industry professionals with a background in operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement through synergy assessment, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Senior Manager in TSE you will spend your time working on executing operational focused projects across various sectors and supporting our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Part of your role will also involve developing experience across a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational and carve-out planning) and post-deal (e.g. integration planning, and tracking).
- Having a commercial mind-set is key to this consulting focused role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management - be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy and Transactions (SaT) sub service lines.
- Business and Commercial Drive - capable of working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value for our clients.
- Business Development - assist in engaging pursuits and pitches, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop your technical and personal skills to support the achievement of your career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Building Relationships - ability to build strong working relationships with senior clients, including ability to influence, advise and support key decision makers.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Information Technology and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
- The ability to make detailed assessments of technology, operations or manufacturing infrastructure.
- The ability to synthesize approaches to complex integration/divestiture conflicts.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice
Ideally, you'll also have:
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
- MBA from a reputable business school/university.
What we look for:
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a unique and dynamic practice in a Big 4 firm.
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region