Job description / Role
- Primary responsibility to assist with execution of Lending deals. Tasks to include the following: (i) facility documentation review and finalisation including liaising with Legal and relevant internal and external stakeholders in the process, (ii) assisting RM / CAs with the preparation (where required), review and finalisation of the business and credit proposals, and (iii) any other requirements appropriate to ensuring a smooth and expeditious deal closure.
- Assist / support with the origination activity and improvement in deal conversion ratio, thereby contributing to new deal revenue.
- Assist / support in the facilitation of non-Lending (TB, FM Derivatives & Capital Markets) cross-sell revenue off the back of Lending transactions.
- Effectively support the Alignment & Accountability initiative working together with Coverage, Product Partners and other stakeholders as relevant to deliver on clients' needs.
- Engage and coordinate with Business and Credit early in and during the origination/execution process for appropriate risk mitigation.
- Assist client coverage teams with post execution monitoring, if required. This is more applicable for complex monitoring requirements.
- Assist / support in the improvement of cost and capital efficiency through RORWA monitoring and distribution of assets (or risk mitigation) where appropriate.
- Assist in the management of pipeline and revenue trackers to help the team focus on and drive the department's revenue targets.
- Assist with the business and risk management process issues by interacting (where required) with representatives on various risk, governance and control committees.
Governance, Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct and expectations relevant to the role.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matter.
Our Ideal Candidate
Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications:
- Experience in corporate banking or corporate finance or a related field. Relevant experience in a similar role would be preferable.
- Well versed with credit analysis with at least basic financial modelling skills and reasonably good understanding of LMA standard documentation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.