Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
This role will be responsible for the management, business analysis and oversight of a portfolio of Tier 1 Support and Control Group CBD projects as well as oversight of a subset of Tier 2 projects. The incumbent will also contribute to the governance of department standards.
• Shaping the change agenda for Support & Control (including but not limited to Operations and Compliance), working with General Managers and their direct reports to prioritize key change initiatives in line with the strategic direction of CBD
• Managing a portfolio of multiple projects - managing their interdependencies, resourcing and any proposed changes which may affect project priorities
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all senior business unit stakeholders including General Managers and external vendors as required and ensuring effective portfolio communications
• Identifying resourcing needs in line with the portfolio plan
• Facilitating Steering Committees with Executive Committee membership to ensure strategically important changes to remain on track for delivery
• Ensure accuracy of project charters (including change impact assessments and project plans), business requirement documents and project reviews
• Consulting on business cases and UAT strategies undertaken by the business units and advising General Managers and direct reports on same
• Overseeing translation of business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
• Managing senior stakeholders in uncovering and resolving potential conflicts or disagreements about project priorities
• Designing effective strategies to ensure change adoption (e.g. Training and Communications)
• Ensuring portfolio resources are appropriate to enable the necessary operational and strategic capability
• Providing coaching and guidance to the respective BU / Department to enhance the effectiveness of project and change management and supporting governance within the BU / Department
• Ensure access to sensitive information pertaining to the Bank, and ongoing and future projects are maintained in strict confidence
• Comply with the latest guidelines of the Central Bank of UAE
• Contribute to successful internal audits and ensure timely closure of audit points through realignment of procedures
• Minimum Bachelor's degree
• Post graduate in business management is a plus
• 7 years of banking experience.
• 10+ years of experience in projects / change management; preferably in a financial institution
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent understanding of project management fundamentals (Prince2/PMP certification is a plus)
• Strong knowledge and experience executing complex cross functional Support & Control groups banking projects
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Able to multi-task and work under stress in a fast-paced environment
• Analytical and detail-oriented
• Capable of shuffling priorities as needed
• Proven experience of translating business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
• Proven capability to manage stakeholders at all levels and maintain effective working relationships
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Product Manager, Payments
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Senior Manager, AML & CFT
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Relationship / Wealth Manager - Private Banking
Business Development Manager