Job description / Role
Our client is looking for a Translation Coordinator to work at their international law firm in their offices in Dubai.
You will support the Translation Services Manager and will be required to carry out professional legal and non-legal translations; provide support with coordination and review of external translations; and do other tasks that fall within the responsibilities of the Knowledge function, aimed at supporting the delivery of high-quality products and service to the fee-earners across the Middle East offices.
• Produce high quality, efficient written translations of legal and non-legal documents from English to Arabic and Arabic to English with minimum supervision
• Provide interpretation of legal and non-legal information upon request
• Carry out translation work cost-effectively
• Project management and assisting to plan, co-ordinate, outsource, schedule, prioritise, follow and close all translation requests/projects
• Record all outsourced translations and dealing with tracking, follow-up, and reporting
• Administrative duties, including providing quotations, e-filling of emails and translation, and updating Translation Memory
• Carry out Arabic document production activities upon request, including formatting and numbering Arabic content to match the firm's house style
• Review external third-party translations to ensure consistency, accuracy, and compliance with the firm’s house style
• Provide regular feedback on the work of the external translation providers
• Undertake any additional KM-related duties as assigned
• Ensure time completion of tasks and meeting deadlines
• Be educated to degree level in translations or related discipline
• Professional English and Arabic level (written and spoken), to the level required to translate legal documents
• At least three years' professional legal translation experience in the legal department of an international organisation or professional services firm, preferably an international law firm in the GCC
• Clear and concise in verbal and written communications
• Have the ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
• A professional approach and commitment in terms of internal client care
• Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
• A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
• Results orientated and able to complete delegated tasks at a high standard
• In-depth knowledge of global IT systems and the ability to use online tools specific to the legal sector
• Advanced Microsoft Office (PowerPoint/Word/Excel/Outlook/PDF)
• Knowledge of English and Arabic (dual-language) document formatting
• Legal research skills and proficiency using Mohamoon, Eastlaw, LexisNexis Middle East, Westlaw Middle East
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Office Manager / Administrator
Executive Personal Assistant
A Professional Public Accounting, Audit, Tax, And Advisory Firm
Personal Assistant (PA) / Executive Assistant to CEO
A Leading International Holding Company