Job description / Role
A new role of Transportation Manager has come up for a well-known Quick Service Restaurant organization based in the UAE. In this role, you will have the main responsibility to manage transportation of goods across various locations across UAE
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Manage the transport operations of the UAE distribution center on outbound logistics to various restaurant stores.
- Implement cost savings projects and initiatives to improve service to the customers and reduce operating costs
- Coordinate with other departments in the execution of day-to-day operations and implementation of projects
- Responsible for attainment and monitoring Transport KPI
- Prepare Transport Reports as required
- Analyze variances between targets and actual.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- College graduate of business or engineering course
- Must have 4-5 years’ experience in UAE
- At least 2 years in managerial position of similar nature and 5 years in the field of outbound logistics
- Must have Quick Service Restaurant experience
- Have managed a minimum fleet size of 50 vehicles
- Have managed truck services transporting chilled or frozen goods
- Have experience in managing a team size of 29 drivers and 22 trucks, including third party logistics provider
- Have an experience in overseeing Transport operations with minimum 500 deliveries per week
- Have background in managing budget
- Knowledge in logistics management in a consumer product distribution industry.
- Well versed in route management, fleet management, fleet maintenance.
- Good at project management, e.g., implementation of cost savings projects and initiatives
- Well versed in preparing presentation materials and business cases
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
TGC Middle East
Operations Manager (Staff Transport & Accommodation )
Supply Chain Manager
Middle East Executive
Head of Global Logistics
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East