Job description / Role
Transportation Modeler / Planner (CUBE User)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
• Does travel demand modeling using Cube, VISUM.
• Performs operational analysis using standard techniques and packages like SYNCHRO, SIDRA, HCS, and VISSIM.
• Prepares traffic impact studies for small and large developments including data collection and analysis.
• Develops and analyzes mitigation measures.
• Handles urban \metropolitan transportation planning and traffic engineering tasks including corridor studies, and regional network studies.
• Performs other related duties based on the requirements of the organization.
• Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering or related discipline.
• 4 - 10 years of hands-on experience in transportation planning with focus on travel demand modeling, demand forecast, multi-modal methodologies, preparation of traffic impact studies, traffic operational analysis, pavement marking and signing.
• 1 - 2 years hands-on modeling experience using CUBE.
• Sound understanding of travel demand modeling theory and practice.
• Proficient in using VISUM, SYNCHRO, SIDRA, HCS, and VISSIM.
• Excellent communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.