Job description / Role
We are a well reputed travel and tourism agency based in Dubai. Our growing company is hiring for a travel accountant. To join our growing team, please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications.
- Provide sales and expenses reports.
- Upload employee files onto system and save all related files of each and all elmployees.
- Audit (check) T&E claims
- Training team on system and process changes.
- Analyzes and reconciles central suppliers and agents accounts
- Process Travel Agent Commissions and incentives using our Lodging Management System.
- Work with the reservations, accounts payable, and vendor setup departments to ensure accurate and timely payments to travel suppliers and airlines.
- Ensure that system books daily accounting entries correctly.
- Assist with travel accounting processes including suppliers payments
- Complete monthly journal entries to ensure accurate accounting within standards.
- Prepare and Posting for Daily and Monthly Manual Sales, Bonus, Leave Provision and expenses accruals
- Follow up and send out reminder to traveler for payment collection.
- Complete system testing and integration testing for new audit rules/changes in configuration.
- Solving of issues occurred while getting final bookings confirmed after issuing and re-issuing airline tickets and other travel services, and making final report of gross and net profit.
- Handle higher level concerns, complex tasks such as detailed reporting, data presentation and analysis.
- Complete ad-hoc or periodic analysis and reporting projects to summarize various items such as expense activity, sales performance, trending destinations and/or policy compliance issues, and share with high management as applicable.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity, recommend solutions and implement improvements for achieving optimal efficiency and effectiveness in a controlled environment.
- Partner with manager to maintain departmental metrics, service level agreements and benchmarking
- Work closely with the audit team regarding periods trail balance, ledgers for all accounts, journal entries with complete filing, suppliers and agents statements.
- Holding a strong knowledge of all accounts software (Quickbooks, PeachTree) and IATA systems GDS (Galileo, Amadeus) and hotels wholesale booking engines.
AED 5,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Depends on Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in travel and tourism accounting.
- University degree either in Economics/Accountancy/Finance/International relations.
- Ability to be flexible and perform a variety of functional roles at any time to achieve business needs.
- Knowledge of standard Travel Industry reporting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Flexibility to changes of payment deadlines, holiday packages alteration in invoices and last minute cancelations/confirmations updates.
- Proactive, attentive to details and demonstrated sense of urgency in completing assignments.
About the Company
A Travel & Tourism Company in UAE.