Job description / Role
The Travel Manager is responsible for managing corporate travel and Executive Travel. This position works closely with his/her business partners across the organization to develop collaborative approaches to meet department purchasing, contracting and risk mitigation objectives. He/she supports Sourcing's overall procurement strategies and objectives by working with key suppliers to negotiate preferred pricing and contract terms. He/she will drive cross-collaborative process improvements and assist with other initiatives as needed to support the purchasing of Travel and Event Services.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Report directly to the Procurement Director.
- Deliver end to end, fully strategic procurement in sourcing the best and most suitable suppliers.
- Establish relationships with the hotel's chains and formulate strong partnerships.
- Develop a prospect list or lead list of new hotels in various areas and with various categories.
- Review corporate deals rates and general terms.
- Work closely with the Planning Manager Dubai to ensure all documentation is aligned with HQ. Fusion and CMS
- Build reports to improve visibility on cost savings and spend analysis within Fusion.
- Work with and manage internal stakeholders and ensure they are compliant with the Travel Policy
- Effectively manage the travel team and ensure monthly closing, invoicing, and supplier relationships.
- Implement more agile processes within your area to improve efficiency, streamline our operations and reduce administrative efforts to accommodate the ever-changing environment within the company.
- Build strong relationships with key Travel Management companies and work on improving overall services.
- Improve compliance with internal customers and work closely with key stakeholders to strengthen relationships and achieve a collaborative outcome.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in Travel,
- Capable in negotiating with senior level stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong Business Analytical and Planning skills
- Outstanding customer service/people and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 5-7 days, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.