Job description / Role
Do you have a passion for Cosmetics and are you coming from a Travel Retail Background? Chalhoub Group is currently looking for a Travel Retail Manager to join the Group The job holder of this position will be responsible for developing the brand, in line with company's' vision and values whilst managing all sales related activities in the assigned region
- Accountable for developing and executing business strategies to deliver critical business objectives including selling and sell-through goals for the region and market share and profit growth
- Build an engaged and strong team by managing and coaching Sellout Managers.
- Multi-brand responsibility, for both Duty Free and Onboard sales (Airlines)
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the region that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Manage key accounts in the territory. Develop and implement strategies to improve both sell in and out.
- Ensure that all Field Supervisors in the region achieve annual sales targets
- Ensure that all accounts meet inventory and real estate requirements as defined by brand
- Regularly check that the actions in place are suitable in terms of investment: promotions, staffing, staff incentives, etc.
- Conduct studies and analysis necessary to anticipate market developments
- Constantly look for new opportunities: accounts opening, space improvement in POS,
- Recommends distribution changes based on results, image and compliance with brand requirements (decision to open or close doors)
- Watch competition and market trends. Be aware of and communicate competitive promotional activities
- Visit key account clients on regular basis
- Negotiate regionally solutions for inventory regularity and monitor targets by client.
- Negotiate spaces and ensure compliance of our locations, review plans designed by the Concept department and ensure good communication with the local architect.
- Negotiate advertising, promotion investments and margins
- Full responsibility on the P&L
- Establishes sales and investments budgets and Reforecast per account in line with company guidelines
- Monitor the sellin and sellout activity and investment for each client (sales, investments, EBIT) and ensure the achievements of sales objectives and budgets.
- Coordinate and consolidate financial reporting and review regularly budget according to the schedule of Finance.
- Work closely with controllers to monitor commitments, provisions, and update numbers in the system.
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar managerial role
- You will have expertise in Travel Retails, sales techniques and business development in the region for a multi brand portfolio
- Comfortable with all aspects of merchandising; including cleanness, stock rotation and inventory
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of business commercials, business acumen mindset, and P&L exposure
- Managing successful and effective team
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.