Job description / Role
Company: Nestle Treasury Center
- Bachelor's degree in business, Accounting, Finance, Economics with a finance qualification, preferably CFA
- Previous experience in Corporate Treasury
Based in Nestle's Treasury Office in DIFC, you will serve as a key member of the Treasury department reporting to the Treasury Manager NTC MEA. With scope of the whole Middle East and Africa market, we are looking for an insightful and energetic analyst who can manage the cash and FX position of several markets, procure funds in an efficient manner by negotiating with bankers, establish strong business partnership with the markets by advising them on treasury matters, and ensure compliance at all times.
This role has a unique and broad view of one of Nestle's biggest markets and we are looking for a candidate who can provide economic and financial advice to the market and hedge the risks, while taking charge of the treasury to support the Finance Controllers and CFO's in their decision making.
A day in the life of
- No two days are the same in the life of a Treasury Analyst at Nestle, but a staple is reconciling all the positions when you first get into the office managing forecast accuracy and executing money market and FX transactions with banks including hedging. After this, you would input deals into Quantum and timely settlement of funds without bank counterparty breaches
- Once this is over, you call the bank or visit them in order to negotiate better prices for foreign currency and lower interest rate.
- This requires you to be courageous, and be okay with dealing with uncertainty
- Working within the Treasury Center at Nestle, you will often act as the single point of contact by Controllers and CFO's in different markets to discuss how political and economic situations will affect their positions
- You will also be the one making forward looking plans in liaison with the CFO's and Controllers to forecast the amount of needed for business continuity.
- This requires you to be well adept in understanding P&L statements and Cash Flow statements
- Post lunch, it is time to catch up with the F&C Managers, Controllers, Head of Reporting to discuss any pressing issues, so that it can be escalated to the banks on a Regional or Global Level
- The last order of the day is to ensure standard operating procedures (SOP's) relating to Treasury operations reflect the internal control put in place in the processes
What will make you successful
- 3 years of work experience in corporate treasury
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Proactive, responsible, independent and able to positively criticize proposals, decisions or situations
- Exceptional communication skills in English, French and Arabic are a plus
- Must be a team player and have Project Management skills
- Think practically with analytical thinking skills
We are Nestle, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Group Financial Analyst
The Gulf Recruitment Group
Right Calibre Executive Search
Accountant - Accounts Payable