Job description / Role
Consulting, Finance Transformation, Treasury - Senior Consultant (Dubai/Abu Dhabi)
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, supported by competencies like, Finance Function Effectiveness, People and Organisations and Technology.
In joining our finance - treasury team, you'll work with our clients to transform their treasury function and processes to enhance their core transaction processing and reporting competencies ultimately strengthening their ability to support management decision making and corporate strategy.
Within Treasury Consulting, you will be working with Finance Transformation competency, which provides advisory services focused on CFO and Treasury agenda such as:
- Treasury operating model design
- Treasury governance, including policies and processes
- Treasury reporting and performance frameworks
- Cashflow forecasting improvement
- Working capital optimisation
- Bank account and relationship rationalization
- Financial risk management frameworks
- Cash pooling design
- Treasury centralisation initiatives
- End-to-end TMS enablement (requirements gathering, vendor assessment and selection, quality assurance)
- Broader integration and support of the finance function, including corporate financing, investments, trade finance, FP&A
As a Senior Consultant, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strong understanding of Treasury agenda and how it connects with the broader CFO/Finance agenda
- Responsible for supporting the design and delivery of fit-for-purpose treasury operating models, including developing business cases and implementation roadmaps
- Strong understanding of drivers and key considerations in relation to capital structure optimisation and funding strategy, cash and liquidity management, risk management and treasury operational efficiencies and controls
- Familiarity with TMS landscape (e.g. vendors, system capabilities)
- Strong knowledge of Treasury concepts and trends (e.g. In-House Banking, Virtual Accounts, ESG financing)
- Support business development efforts and leverage PwC and personal networks to grow the Treasury practice
- Keep up to date with regional and global treasury trends
Experience & Skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA or Masters in Finance is a plus
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Treasury
- Treasury designation is a strong differentiator (e.g. CTP, AMCT)
- Prior Treasury consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Financial modeling experience and knowledge of analytical and visualisation tools is a plus (e.g. Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau)
- Ability to take ownership of tasks but also apply independent thinking
- Proactive value-add contributor
- Excellent verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
- Arabic speaker and Middle East experience is a plus but not mandatory
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.